☾ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

!! TRIGGER WARNING: self harm is mentioned in this chapter.

If you are uncomfortable with reading such content, please skip to the very end for the special summary of this chapter, and then move on to Chapter 6.

--------------------------------------------

"Oh come on, more deaths?" Sulli aka Gossip Queen said.

Yeri's face turned pale. "What if I'm next?" She whispered, staring at everyone with wide round eyes.

Dahyun sighed. "Well, you don't seem to have much blood in you," she joked. She have no rights to say that vampires don't exist anymore.

"Well, just be careful?" Sulli said, staring at Dahyun. She probably noticed how Dahyun did not bother to rebut the fact that the supernatural exists.

Dahyun just crossed her arms and stayed silent until Mr Park entered the class and started teaching.

It's been a month now, and she's getting used to it. Her classmates no longer make her feel hungry. She could walk around freely now, even with her mask on. She told everyone that she slipped in her bathroom and accidentally cut herself on the corner of the wooden shelf so she's got a scar, and also she couldn't talk properly because she's afraid that the wound would split open. Simple and nice.

She had thought several times about revealing her identity to Yeri, so that there would be someone she could talk to, but every time Gossip Queen talks about vampires, Yeri looked as though she just had a close brush with death, so that's not going to work. 

***

"Bye, Dahyun!" Yeri shouted as she waved at Dahyun before walking off.

Dahyun's now alone. She had to finish editing the videos of herself and also Yeri for her English project. She wanted to finish it in school. Actually, she's the type of person who likes finishing things off quickly so that she could enjoy herself later on. Plus, she couldn't turn into a vampire twice, could she? 

"Ugh, I should have brought something with me to eat," Dahyun groaned to herself when she realised that she was starving. She had sacrificed her lunch time to finish filming these videos for one project. Yeri too. 

After one hour, she was finally done. She kept all her stuff, remembered to take her phone along and adjusted her mask, then started to walk back home, after texting Irene that she would be back soon.

The wind blew and Dahyun shuddered. But not because she felt cold. It was because she felt really, really hungry. Keeping her head down, she quickened her steps so that she could reach home faster. 

Bang! Dahyun was knocked backwards and she realised that she had bumped into a girl. When she looked to see who it was, she gasped. Not because she knew who that girl was, but because she could hear the girl's heartbeat clearly, and the blood flowing in the arteries in her neck seemed to be seducing her. 

Dahyun forced herself to swallow. Her eyes were wide as saucers as she stared at the girl's neck, her fangs felt as though they had come alive. When her hunger won over her conscience, she grabbed the girl by her shoulder and dragged her to an alley where they were both hidden from the rest of the world.

"W-What are you?" The girl asked softly, her voice quivering with fright. At this moment, Dahyun could only think about satisfying her hunger by sucking this girl's blood. She ripped her mask off and pushed the girl's neck aside, while her face inched closer towards the girl's neck. However, the girl let out a piercing scream, which made Dahyun snapped back to the reality. She gasped when she realised what she had just done and hastily took her mask and ran off.