Chapter 12

Santana is happy for Quinn. She is, really. Quinn deserves to be happy after her string of destructive relationships in high school and the beginning of college, followed by her transformation into a celibate nun for the past few years.

Santana guesses she's happy for Rachel as well. The dwarf might get on her nerves more than any human being should be capable of, but she's glad Rachel's finally found someone that makes her happy.

But if she walks into her own fucking kitchen to see a half naked Rachel perched on the countertop, while an equally half naked Quinn has her tongue down her throat instead of making breakfast one more time, forget Lima Heights, she's going to go all Texas Chainsaw on them.

"Good morning Santana!" Rachel trills once they've finally detached themselves, and Santana just grunts in reply, grabbing a mug out of the cupboard and shuffling over to the coffee machine.

It's been just over a week since the night at Corcoran's where Santana totally didn't serenade Brittany, and she's barely seen the blond since. They've been extremely busy filming commercials for Hollidaze, since Holly is apparently very fussy when it comes to how she looks on camera, and literally the only times Santana is free to see Brittany is during their lunch break, which Santana usually has to cut short to get back to the studio.

Although on Monday's lunch break, Brittany informed Santana of how much she liked their little coffee dates, which almost gave Santana a heart attack. Brittany went to the effort of planning a special date for Santana, that actually meant something, and all Santana can do is give her forty minutes at Starbucks a few times a week. Again, she wonders what the hell Brittany sees in her.

She knows she'll be able to see Brittany on Saturday, when her and Quinn throw their annual Halloween party – which is pretty fucking epic, if Santana does say so herself – but they'll be surrounded by shitloads of people since Quinn appears to have invited half of New York. Their apartment is not that big, Jesus.

Then again, everyone – and by everyone Santana means Quinn – will be hammered, so nobody will notice if Santana and Brittany happen to disappear at the same time.

Anyway.

She wants to take Brittany on a second date, like a real date, but she has no clue what to do for it. Or even how to ask Brittany. Jesus. Showing a girl a good time, that's what she's good at. All the romantic shit? Not so much.

Santana pours herself a cup of coffee, and gladly accepts the plate of pancakes Quinn hands her, before slumping into a chair at the kitchen table and opening the newspaper. She's munching on the last of the pancakes, reading an article about an art show in Brooklyn that she's tempted to go to, when she realizes how quiet it is.

And with Quinn and Rachel in the same room, when it's quiet, that's when Santana starts to worry.

She looks up, and sees them stood on the other side of the table, staring at her in unison. Terrifying.

"Can I help you?" Santana asks, raising an eyebrow at them over her mug.

Rachel clears her throat, glancing nervously at Quinn, who just gives her a reassuring kiss on the cheek. Nauseating. "Well Santana, taking into account you are Quinn's closest friend, and despite our… Differences, I consider you a close friend as well, and also because you and Quinn happen to live together, we felt you should be the first to know."

"You get her pregnant, Q?" Santana deadpans, smirking at Rachel's annoyed huff and Quinn's awful attempt at hiding a smile.

"Uh no, Santana, however, we are now together. Officially." Quinn continues on from Rachel, holding up their joined hands.