chapter three

you found me - the fray (i love the fray so much) 

Dan's POV

I didn't know holding hands could be so intimate. Holding Phil's hand there in the dimly lit restaurant while speaking across the table to Piper and Louise made my heart race more than having first kisses did.

As we left the restaurant, the four of us decided upon walking around Manchester, seeing as only one of us was actually familiar with the city. Phil was apparently from around the area and came here often. Meanwhile, Piper, Louise, and I were all from other cities around England.

Phil never let go of my hand as we walked through the streets of Manchester, which Piper had almost instantly noticed, as she had mouthed for me to use protection. Using my other hand, I flipped her off as discreetly as possible.

As cliche as it sounded, his hand fit into mine like a puzzle piece. Something about Phil made me feel safe, protected. Sure, I had just met him, but I already felt something. Something I couldn't describe in words but was absolutely wonderful nevertheless.

The rest of the night was wonderful. The four of us wandered through the streets of Manchester.

It was rather crowded, which normally would have made me anxious, but today I didn't care. For once in my life, I felt like I had belonged to something.

"Guys, it's getting quite late. I think I may head back to my dorm now; I have classes tomorrow," Louise stated, smiling at us. "Thank you for tonight. It was wonderful, and we should definitely hang out again."

"Yeah, I think I may do the same. I have work tomorrow." Piper looked at me and gave me a wink.

After exchanging phone numbers and farewells, Piper and Louise headed the other direction back to their dorms.

"So, now it's just you and me," Phil bit his lip. Goddamn, forget attractive. He is actual sex on legs.

"Y-yeah, I guess so," I stuttered, blushing in embarrassment.

"You're cute when you blush."

I choked on air and looked at him. "I-um. Thank you."

Phil grinned. "It's nothing, pretty boy. So, where would you like to go?"

"Hm, not sure. Perhaps Alexandra Park? We're nearby anyway."

"Sounds wonderful," Phil looked down at our hands. Rubbing his thumb over my hand, he looked into my eyes. "Let's go, shall we?"
Making a few rights, we reached Alexandra Park and walked around silently. Except, this silence was a comfortable silence. People were talking, laughing around us. Couples strolled around aimlessly, focusing on nothing but each other.

After around a decent twenty minutes or so, we sat on a bench by a small lake. Phil opened his mouth like he was about to ask me something, but held back.

"May I help you?" I asked in a valley girl accent before breaking into a fit of giggles.

Phil laughed, his eyes crinkling at the sides. Then, his tone got more serious. "Wanna play confession?"

"What the hell is that?" I inquired with a chuckle.

"Well, players take turns going back in forth while saying a confession or secret. When it gets too personal, that person loses."

"Ohh, got it. You start then."

"No, you!"

"Shut up, I say you!"

"I gave the rules, you start."

"Ugh fine," I grumbled. "Um, I'm bisexual."

Phil's eyes brightened. Excitingly, he responded. "Really? I'm pansexual!"