HE CAME

burnt nearly alive, his black sweater was torn up and his body was covered in blood. it smelled like burnt flesh and he was wailing, clinging onto slender. it was like slender was his father, and he was a weeping child who just woke up from a nightmare. he didn't talk for three hours. all he did was cling onto slender. he was immobile, paralyzed, only being able to stay in that one position. 

jeff looked at him, scoffing as slender tried to take him upstairs. he looked at me, his lip (or lack thereof) moving up to reveal grimy yellow teeth. BEN was rubbing his hands together out of anxiety; the wailing and screeching in this place always scared him. it was something that, no matter how many times you hear it, terrified him. he started to glitch and his body started to faze in and out of this realm of existence.

"hah," jeff laid back, his arms around his head. "lightweight. sally wasn't even this scared, and she's a kid. he looks like a good sixteen."

i shook my head and stood up from the couch, looking away. "he is a kid. slender's been talking about him for a while, he's mentally 12. at least i think, but again, it's slender. he doesn't get anything."

"so, he's a retard? great. not like we have enough of those around."

i ignored his comments and made my way up the stairs. his screaming became a lot more legible, a lot more loud. i heard words this time. sentences, questions, panic. it was wrenching, it made me cringe underneath my mask. my breath hitched;

"WHERE AM I? WHERE'S MOMMA? I MADE HER PROUD! I MADE HER PROUD! TAKE ME BACK TO HER! PLEASE! SIR, I SURELY DO APPRECIATE THIS, BUT HOME IS WHERE I BELONG!"

it hurts because i know this poor kid wouldn't go back home