SABR 05

By 3

By 3.45 Fathima was seated on her room, dressed in a shalwa and her hair done. Her shawl was draped around her head by salama who yelled "this is the latest trend!" When she questioned the style. But she was glad that it covered her well. The last think she needed was to give him a bad impression. She glanced at the mirror, and her doubtful face looked back. She was never considered as 'beautiful'. Her apperence made her self conscious many times as she always thought her friends look far more pretty than her. She was so sure that half rejections was due to her looks. But nevertheless, she thanked Allah for giving her the best look.
For each of us is created by him.
And he can never make a mistake. The flaws in us is what makes us beautiful and unique. As beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

" They are here!!!!!" Sang Salma as she burst inside. Fathima stood up, her whole body trembling.
Something the way she said it reminded her of Alvin the chipmunk.
She sank back to the chair.

" Oh Salma... I don't think I can go...I feel..."

" Nauseas? Well, keep your feels to yourself... Because this is the moment. Don't you even feel amazed that finally Allah brought that one person to you? And at the moment when you were so sad, desperate? Something says me that this is the one. Plus"  she winked.
" we've already seen him, spoken with him. I thought you liked him!"

" Yah I like him..." Fathima tried to find another point to attack.
" What if I didn't like his family?"

Salma rolled her eyes. "Then my dear friend... You better marry in jannah where you can find the perfect guy"

Fathima laughed.
"Okay okay, you convinced me..."

"You see Fathima, life is all about overcoming difficulty. And I saw his mom. She seem to be really nice. I feel like if this work out you will be so lucky..."

I hope so.. Fathima thought.

Her mother arrived as they were  deeply occupied with their own thoughts.

"Fathima? They are coming.."
Fathima tried to guess her mothers mood. But her face was impassive.

"Good luck" said Salma as she left.

Fathima sat with a anxious heart.
Then finally they came. Three womens. She smiled at them. After that, they began to ask many questions. Somehow fathima managed to gain her confidence to reply to all. Then finally his mother asked him to come to see her.

Fathima kept her eyes downcast as she heard him approach. She didn't dare to look at him.

" So what do you think Aazz? Do you like her?" She sensed her smile.

" If you are okay then I'm okay too mother." Was his reply.
Then he left. The women's embraced her and left. She was relived to hear the front door close. She guessed Salma might have left too.

" Well what do you think of him Fathima?" Asked her mother. She smiled, afraide to voice her thoughts. 

" When will  they tell mom?"

" If its an okay, they will say it by today. Now go and pray mahrib dear. Its getting late..."

The whole day she was feeling edgy, jumping whenever her father's phone rang. That night, she went to sleep with a restless heart.

Next day morning she decided to go Salma's house. They spend the whole day talking about this. while Salma had a positive veiw about this, fathima didn't feel so. If they liked her, they would've already told according to her mother.

Few days passed by, finally convincing fathima that this  won't work out.  She laughed at her own self, for being so stupid to believe that he would've liked her.  He was handsome, and seem to be pious which is enough to get a better girl than her. 
To numb her hurt, she tried to concentrate on her other duties. But she couldn't help but to cry on sujood every day. But she was careful enough to his her tears from her parents. As they were carful enough to conceal that they noticed the change of her attitude.

Since it was a Sunday, her father was at home. Fathima was reading a book in the hall.
Then her dad got a call and went out to answer it. Fathima kept on reading, absorbed in the book and unaware of the world around her.

After half and hour, her father arrived with a peculiar expression. He went to the kitchen where her mom was preparing dinner.

After some time both came out.
Ahmad cleared his throat. Fathima looked up.
" Oh noooo.. Don't tell me it's another proposal dad please...
Just leave me alone for a while"

But to her surprise Ahamed chuckled.
" This time, it's reverse dear. You are the one who should give the approval."

Fathima stared at her parents, perplexed.
" What do you mean dad? Who want to seek my approval"

"Finally they've given a reply..."

Fathima stood up as the book fell with the thud.

"And?" She said, with a barely audible voice.

"They agreed!"