Chapter Three

As he finally came to a stop, he realized how hungry he actually was. His face was sullen and his movements slow as he walked about the forest looking for berries to eat. He thought about how he had survived cancer. He was a junior in high school when he learned that he had cancer. His whole life had be derooted as he was constantly in the hospital or at home fighting the battle for his life. He had lost his friends, girlfriend, social media was the only way he was able to contact the outside world. The only scenery he had seen was the few roads on the way to the hospital and back. He was put on a special diet to help preserve his organs. Austin's grades had slipped and he was depressed. When he had finally returned he was a stranger in a sea of unfamiliar faces. His teachers gave him special treatment and acted like he was retarded, although he had picked up his grades. Remembering this brought tears to his eyes because he remember how much his parents had been there for him. He just left them out of his own self pity. What must they think of him now? He was a horrible person and son. He deserved to die. He sat down and leaned against a tree, closing his eyes. Sadness filled his heart and ideas clouded his head, but one thing was clear. He was never meant to survive.