5 | Interactions & Interruptions

The boy gazed at the girl, and his eyes looked into her pink ones. Pride coated their faces and neither of them wanted to admit defeat. The staring contest they both contended in was without a sure winner.

"Heh!" Laughter broke the tension that came with the silence, as the dark magi couldn't hold in his laughter - his enjoyment.

This girl... This girl was more brilliant than he first thought.

Despite the apparent reasons for her to remain hidden from the public eye, sheltering her away from the world added more to the pitiful in 'pitiful princess.'

Said princess' eyes widened briefly and a smile spread on her own lips. Her interest in finding out more about the dark magi was only growing more intense.

She unconsciously moved closer to him, their lips close to touching, when there was a knock at the door and it opened without waiting for a reply.

"B... Brother!" Sera backed away from the magi and her mind blackened.

"Sera!" Hakuryuu ran forward and caught his sister before she could collapse to the floor. "What were you doing with my sister?" he growled, holding his sister protectively in his arms.

"N... Nothing." Judar avoided his gaze.

"Nn." Sera stirred in her brother's arms and her eyes fluttered open. She looked up at her brother, confusion written on her face. "Brother..."

She then saw the other male in the room. Panicked, she clutched her brother's robes and moved closer to him. "What is he doing here? What's going on?"