The Truth

"I don't think Margo has been completely honest with you, Brendon." Michael just kept going.

"Well, I mean Margo was most likely going to tell me about whatever this was but out of all fairness I was going to talk to her yesterday but an emergency came up."

"Yeah, Michael." I said. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Wait, so Brendon doesn't know about Daniel?" Michael asked.

"No, I guess not," Jessica answered. "My boyfriend."

"Wait, Jessica you have a boyfriend?" Brendon asked.

"Yeah, Daniel!" She exclaimed. Then she frowned immediately. She realized that she had basically admitted that she was willing to cheat on Daniel for Brendon because of how much she flirted with him.

"Oh, so basically you were willing to cheat on your boyfriend for me? I'm not blind. You've literally flirted with me the whole time I've been here."

"Brendon, no please!" Jessica exclaimed. Brendon got up and left. I followed him outside.

Brendon stopped in his tracks and turned around to me.

"See, this is why I don't like those people. They basically take the smallest thing, hold i against you AND use it against you. They're a bunch of liars and cheaters and that's why I separate myself from them."

"Jessica was willing to cheat on her boyfriend just like that for me. I was starting to like her a little bit too."

"Brendon, you deserve better," I said. "Now come with me. I'm going to tell you about those pics because I want to have a completely honest friendship too."

Brendon and I walked to where I eat lunch which was completely isolated, just like how I liked it.

We sat with our legs crossed on the ground.

"So, when I was a freshman, I had a best friend named Gina. I also used to have a crush on Daniel, who is now Jessica's boyfriend," I began. Brendon nodded. "One day, I got a cute new bra and panties. I felt really cute in them, so I took a few pics of myself in them. I'm also going to add that I was very girly back then."

Brendon nodded. He smirked when I said bra and panties.

"Gina also knew that I liked Daniel because I TRUSTED her. Then we were in biology one day and she took my phone from me and basically sent those photos that I kept for myself to Daniel and added a caption. Then he replied way later that he didn't even know me and wasn't interested basically. So I was hurt all because Gina threw me out there like that. I got mad at her and didn't speak to her again. Luckily she switched schools so I never had to speak to her again. But Daniel was touching me uncomfortably the day before you came and I told him to get off and leave me alone and basically that he was too late because I don't like him anymore and he got pissed so he sent the pics to Michael only and Michael was basically trying to get with me and I told him I wasn't interested and now he's pissed at me. And now you know why I don't trust people because I've had a bad past with it."

Brendon thought for a second like he was processing everything.

"Margo, I'm so sorry that you've had a bad experience with them. I can understand why you don't trust anyone. But please know that you can trust me. I'm also going to add a side note, if Daniel was touching you, that means maybe he and Jessica didn't have the best relationship if they were willing to cheat on each other.

"Maybe. I'm glad to have met you." I smirked at him. He smirked back.

"Now what about your parents?" He asked.

"My dad works at a hospital so I hardly ever see him. Maybe he took care of your dad. And my mom died when I was really young so I practically live alone."

"I'm so sorry." He said. "Do you want a hug?"

I nodded and we both stood. Brendon wrapped his hands around my back and I did his and for once in my life, I felt safe instead of invaded when hugging a boy.