Boundaries & Boxers pt.1

Your POV

"Alright Dark...what is this little proposal?" I questioned with a hint of sarcasm.

"Well Darling, I'd like you to join the boys and I?" His eyes were gleaming with wicked joy.

I began chuckling at his proposal, earning something short of a glare from the man. "Ohh Dark?! Doll? You have me pegged all wrong. Sorry to burst that perfect bubble of a fantasy, but the answers no, Darling." I walked closer to him and smoothed the lines on his jacket; grinning wickedly. "You see I'm not one to be restrained by people. Besides, well to putting it blatantly, I don't play well with others." I purred, gancing back at Anti and the other goon. "Now if that's all, I must get going. Nice meeting you. Toot-a-loo..." With that I walked past Dark, waving my fingers.

"You didn't let me finish...Doll?"  He chuckled, turning around to face me.

I quickly turned on my heels and leveled him a glare. "That's...my word! You can stick with Darling!" He shook his head with that sh*t-eating grin plastered across his face before he slowly nodded at my demand. I straightened my posture and squinted slightly. "Besides that, what else is it that you have to say?"

He smiled like a devil; his coal black eyes completing the look. "But Darling..." he accentuated. "I can offer you so so much." I brought my hand up and feigned a yawn. He paused, seeing as I was more than uninterested. "OK Y/N, I'll say it as blatant as possible because I feel that that's the only way you'll listen. We need your help..." he sighed and I saw his jaw ticked as he clenched it. I could tell this was something he didn't do; ask for help. "We lost one of our own. One of my most loyal and trusted men, killed by a traitor amongst us. MadCry was my man's name and he was ruthlessly killed by someone he trusted, DarkIDK. DarkIDK killed one of my men. I just haven't been able to get my hands on him on my own...that's where I think you can help?"

"Sorry for your loss hun, I really am, but what's in this for me? I already have a few contracts lined up for that b*stard, so what's it worth to you?" I asked dryly. He let at a scoff and rolled his eyes. Obviously displeased in my lack of interest...or sympathy towards him.

"You want a d*mn excuse, fine I'll give you one...h*ll I'll give you more than one! Right now, you're going to go back to an old warehouse, a motel room, or maybe the PandaExpress to sleep, right? But why? Why, when I can offer you your own personal space to live in?" I took more offense then needed, balling my fist and clenching my jaw to not attack the man. He saw my heated look and his demeanor change. He spoke softer and continued on. "Just hear me out? When's the last time you slept in a bedroom that you could call your own for more than a few days? When's the last time you had a proper place to store your weapons? I will give you your own space, access to our resources, these sources would expand from our personal contacts and friends to our weapons and weapons dealers. We'll even let you in on some of our contacts to earn some extra cash. Or if you'd rather just stick with your own contacts, that's fine?" He finished and looked straight at me.

"I..I don't know, Dark!" I took a step back and let out a huff of air. I was exhausted and just had to much thrown at me at once. I ran my fingers through my hair, just considering all that I heard. I saw Dark step closer and I decided to speak again. "I'm not used to people! I'm not looking to be a d*mn babysitter! I go out by myself, so I never have to worry about others. People get in the way, Dark. They mess things up and screw with your emotions. If you're looking for someone to save your *sses in a tight spot...you can forget it now!" He opened his mouth to counter me, but I didn't give him the opportunity. "Listen...I'll consider this little proposal or whatever you're calling it, but right now I need time...and some f*cking sleep. So goodnight to you, Dark. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around." I quickly whirled around once again and started for home...well the old warehouse. I could tell by the look I received from him that he was shocked by my consideration...h*ll knows I was.