II - Research

The constant clicks and taps of the typing goes on for hours, the phone ringing constantly and giving the female agent a pounding headache.

"Espizo, there isn't anything on this!"

"I can't find anything!"

"When are we ever going to get a lead?!"

Aphmau, stressed and small beads of sweat bleeding out of her skin, runs her sweaty hands in her hair, shutting her eyes in frustration.

Two computers stand in front of her, one with a few tabs open of research including 'Ultima' in all tabs and the other stands with a Mexican man with a few tattoos littered on his neck and arms.

"Aphmau, I understand you're stressed, but we have to work through this!"

"It's almost midnight, Espizo... maybe we should give in for the night..."

"But, Aphmau-"

"Espizo, I'm tired! I can't work when I am tired, and you know that! Please, just a few hours!"

Espizo sighs deeply, putting his hands in his thin, black hair.

"Okay, okay... as soon as you call me back, I will have more information, okay?"

"Okay..." Aphmau says with a heavy breath of relief.

"Get some rest, okay?"

Aphmau nods, putting her mouse on the hang up button, clicking it without another word.

She turns off both monitors, getting up from her spiny desk chair and stretches, a few cracks of her spine and shoulders cracking.

"Finally... I can just get some sleep for a few hours..." Aphmau groans sleepily, her expression giving off full exhaustion.

She walks slowly out of her office and to her room, shuffling her feet against the hard wood floor.

She makes it to her room, falling onto her bed, her raven hair spreading out in all directions from her head.

She groans sleepily into her pillow, shifting her whole body onto her side, staring to the blank wall.

"Tomorrow is a new and fresh day... just relax now and you can think better in the morning..."

Aphmau shuts her eyes and passes out into a deep sleep, the morning of upcoming events trailing a nightmare in her sleep.

A quiet but large yawn escapes the raven haired girls mouth, sitting up with a few cracks in her back.

Loud beeping shocks her eyes wide open from her office, her quickly jumping out of bed with a rats nest and light pajamas.

She jumps into her office chair, answering the call from her teammate Espizo.

"Aphmau!"

"Espizo, what's going on for you to call me at five in the morning! I understand that we need to work, but you promised me you wouldn't wake me-"

"Aphmau, I found more information about the Ultima!"

Aphmau's eyes widen as she shuts her mouth, staring at the computer screen with her teammate inside.

"Apparently, the last known Ultima Werewolf lived in Phoenix Drop... and that Ultima has a child..." Espizo reads his computer screen carefully.

"Where does the child live?!" Aphmau jumps out of her chair, quickly running to her room to grab a change if clothes and a brush, running back to the man in the computer.

"From the research I did last night, they live with their parents..."

Aphmau stays out of the camera view as she changes, starting to hyperventilate.

Aphmau's mouth drops as she realizes she lives in Phoenix Drop.

"Espizo, I have to go! Thank you so much!"

"!t was no problem, Aphmau. Now go... we need this Ultima Mission completed by the best Agent in the team..."

Aphmau nods, turning off her monitor and running to her door, grabbing a small bag, and then leaving.

Who knows who she'll find as the Ultima...?

Hey guys... I'm really sorry if that was super cheesy. I was rushing it, and I really wanted to post a chapter...

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Love y'all.

♡~Hailee