[ seven ]

J A C K S O N

In hope of seeing the redhead lass, Jack just gathered his guts to ask Henry about the girl. He quite had known for a fact that the cafe where Henry works is one of the usual stops of a normal college student. If ever that she was here, then he would be glad. At least he knows that she is just around here— somewhere in this town.

"You're not serious, right?" Henry asked accompanied by his quirking eyebrows.

"You don't think I am?" Jack retorted.

"See pal, there are plenty redheads across this town. So whoever that gal that you seemed fancied with, well, get over it," Henry said

"I'm not fancying her," Jack shot back defensively.

"How believable." Henry rolled his eyes.

"No, really. I'm just asking."

"Asking about the redhead gal customer? Well, that's the first," Hiccup replied sarcastically.

"Look, I'm just taking my chances. I mean—" Jack reached his hand to ruffle his mane as he nervously chuckled "—she quite left a thing in my shop. So I'm just hoping to return it to her or whatever.

Henry gave him a look, trying to figure out if he is just reasoning out. Lucky for Jack, the barista seemed to believe his lie. Finally, he can escape whatever claims Henry have on him.

"Alright, give me more descriptions." Hiccup sipped from his iced coffee.

"Well, you already know that she's a redhead. Actually, it's not just that it's red. She has a crazy hair!" Jack exclaimed. "And, it's quite fascinating," he mumbled.

"Okay," Hiccup lowered his voice as he gave a nod. "Tell me more."

"It's all curly, man. And she has blue—"

"You know you should have told me that one detail." Henry said, cutting his sentence off.

"So? Have you seen her before?" Jack asked, trying not to seem too excited.

"Yeah, she always comes here with her blonde friend, or girlfriend." Henry chuckled. "I mean, you'll never really know."

"She has a girlfriend?" Jack almost muttered to himself.

"No, I was just kidding. I saw her blonde friend dating a guy here just yesterday. So there is nothing to worry about, Jackson. She's all yours." Henry cackled.

Jack grunted in annoyance. "I told you I'm not fancying her!"

"Okay, fine! Geez." Henry sighed.

"So is she always here?"

"No, her friend does though. I just see her here in the most rarest occasions," Henry replied.

Jack just responded a nod as he continued to ponder as to whereabouts he can meet the gal named Merida. Definitely, one thing is for sure though, she is just around here— somewhere.

•» • »

Jack took his chances of going to the library, after a lot of times already. After all, there is not much customers drawing in to the shop. Therefore, killing his time to find that redhead lass for almost a week now is not considered to be much of a distraction. Not really finding her, he is just quite hoping.

Just like the other times he had visited this usual place, she is not here. He sighed to himself and decided to borrow a book that he can eventually lure himself in to entertainment. For sure he did lend this book for a lot of times already, but it was just one of his favorites, and so was his sister.

He walked aimlessly back to his shop as he fidgeted his fingers to his pocket to find his keys. Just as he found his key, he soon set his eyes upon the redhead lass that he has been longing to see.

He almost smiled to himself. It was sure a lucky day for the handsome fool, not only that he found Merida, but she is actually there— seemingly waiting for him. Well, actually that is the way he wants to think of it; wishing to himself that he was not wrong.

Then there he started to approach her, due to all the excitement and giddiness he felt. "It's you, again," he said softly.

His statement soon snapped out Merida from her gaze, finally looking at him as she gave him a genuine smile. "You'll get used to it," she replied as she let out a short chuckle.

Jack gave her a half smirk; eventually gaining his confidence to have the guts to be casually befriending her. "I'm sorry were you waiting?"

Merida shook her head instantly. "Oh no, I just actually passed by," she said.

"Are you buying some flowers again?" he asked without even thinking. Soon he wanted to slap himself after saying, of course she was here to buy flowers, you daft man!

However, the fascinating lady just responded a calm chortle. "Well, if you don't mind to."

"Of course, I would not mind! Er— just wait over here. I'm just opening the door," Jack stuttered, feeling embarrassed. He fiddled his key, his hands quite near to trembling from his nervousness after being humiliated in front of her. "Come on in," he invited as soon the glass door were open.

Merida entered the shop, her eyes locked upon the daisies. "I think I'm just going to take this again," she stated calmly. "I quite grew my love for these flowers beside my bedroom," she mumbled, talking to no one else but herself.

"Is that all, then, Miss?" Jack inquired rather formally.

"Do you happen to have sunflowers?" asked she.

"Yes, but that would be paid per stem though."

"I'll take it. Three stems will do," Merida assured.

Jack nodded then he continued to set her orders. Merida quite roamed around; suddenly her eyes fell upon a hardbound book with neat whites in its cover. "The Little Prince?" she said, almost a question than a statement.

Jack seemed startled about her sudden sentence however; he decided to respond a nod.

"Good book," she commented quietly.

"I know, it was one of my sister's favorites," he said.

"You have a sister?" Merida asked, her inquisitiveness getting always the worst of her.

"Uhm— had, actually," he replied trying not to look sad for the reason that he does not want to be pitied

"Oh. I'm sorry. I—" she played with her fingers "—shouldn't have asked that."

"No, it's fine." he chuckled. "Here you go," he said as he laid her order above the countertop together with the bill.

Merida let out her money to pay as she took the flowers into her arms. She eventually took the change and pushed it inside her side pocket.

"Jack— I mean, sir—"

"You can just call me, Jack," he said assuring.

"Well, uh— Jack, thanks for these. See you again, soon," she greeted awkwardly, trying too hard to be cheerful to leave that embarrassing scene.

"See you too, Merida," Jack replied after seeing her turning her back against him— reaching out for the door with wide steps. He soon blushed from his own statement. He just called her by her name! Now there might be a probability that she heard him.

Well, he surely hopes that she does not because if she did, then things cannot go anymore better.

a/n: finally some quite long chappie. welp, hope u enjoy this one! please do leave me a vote if u do :-)