Chapter 4 | My Desicion

"Are you willing to leave your home to become a greencloak and save Erdas?"

"It was never much of a home anyways."

Tears were streaming down her cheeks uncontrollably. "Please!" She sobbed. "I need to find my baby!" A man jogged up to her and tried to calm her down. I quickly wiped the tear that was daring to fall.

"What's his name?" The man asked.

"Wren." she sniffled. I already knew it, but her saying it made it more real. The man continued to ask her questions.

"Umm...let's take a short break." Alia smiled nervously. Several people stood up. Others stayed seated.

I stood there not knowing what to do. Wren's mom just noticed me on the platform. "YOU!" She yelled at me. My eyes widened in shock. Everyone turned to me. I felt my cheeks redden.

"What did you say to him?!" She yelled her eyes red from crying. She started to walk towards me, but noticed Nullet and backed away.

"I didn't say anything." I said defensively. I heard a low rumble from Nullet's throat. I don't think he trusts her.

"I don't believe that, I never liked you. I don't get why Wren ever liked you." She said sternly still sniffling. Then walked away as if she never confronted me in the first place.

Alia looked at me and put her hands on my shoulders. "You ok?" She said. She didn't sound as professional as she did when she first handed me the nectar. I nodded. I wasn't about to tell her how worried I was for Wren.

"Can I talk to your parents?" She asked. I flinched when she mentioned my parents. She noticed how uncomfortable I looked. "Sweetie, can I speak with a guardian?"

"I-I don't really have one." I stared at the floor which seemed more comfortable than looking at Alia at the moment.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Alia said. I could tell she regretted mentioning it in the first place. Several awkward moments later. "We usually ask those fortunate enough to summon a Spirit Animal if they would like to use this miracle to fight for Erdas.
To become a Greencloak."

Was she asking me if I wanted to pursue my dream? To explore my bond with Nullet. To become a talented warrior.

"You don't have to. It's your decision." She said. The words echoed in my head. My decision. Is this what I wanted. To leave Hazel and Wren. Especially when Wren's missing. I thought this decision would be easy. I've dreamed about this moment since I first learned about Spirit Animals.

"I'll give you some time to think about that." Alia said and patted me on the back. "I'll be right over here if you need me." She said smiling. I nodded, unable to speak.

I need to talk to Hazel. I scanned the crowd. She didn't seem to be around. I hopped off the platform and down the steps gracefully. I turned to see Nullet jump off the platform in one leap. He gave me a look as if to say:

What?
M
I smiled but quickly refocused. Where was Hazel? I noticed her talking to Wren's mom. I motioned for her to come over. She made a face at me but ended her conversation with Wren's mom.

"Hey, can you believe it!" She said. She backed up several steps and gave Nullet a tense look. She didn't look excited so I figured she was talking about Wren.

"I know it's crazy!" I said. "I knew something was up." I mumbled to myself.

"Poor Wren! I hope he's okay." She said. I could tell she was worried. We both kind of stood in silence for a couple minutes.

She looked up at me. "What's wrong? I can tell something's bothering you and I have a feeling it's not about Wren." Hazel said looking me in the eyes.

"I just summoned a great beast! I'm a little shocked..." I lowered my voice. "Also they asked me if I wanted to be a greencloak." I said almost whispering as if it was a secret.

"Oh my gosh!" She said her smile grew. "I'm so happy for you!" She pulled me into a hug, but I kind of pulled back. "You are going to accept the offer. Right?" When she saw the look on my face her smile faded.

"I can't leave you, especially when Wren is missing." I said. She let out a long sigh.

"This is your dream Olivia, you have to." She said. "But, it's your decision." There it was again. My Decision. She walked away heading towards another woman. I sighed.

"Nullet, what do you think?" I said rubbing his soft fur. He let out a low purring sound in return.

Alia noticed me walk up to her. "Have you made a decision?" She asked. I nodded. She smiled. I think she knew my decision. "Are you willing to leave your home to become a greencloak and save Erdas?" She asked. "It was never much of a home anyways." I said a grin on my face.

Okay. So how do you like it? It's really fun writing this, I hope your enjoying it so far. If she were to join Abeke, Meilin, Conor, and Rollan, who do you think would be more friendly with her? Thanks for reading!
-K <3