The Divine Infection

Chapter 1

   I was walking along by myself rather late at night. I wasn't able to fall asleep and walking always seemed to clear my mind. I was walking on a long street, behind my apartment building, which was lit well by the street lights. The sky was lit also but by the beautiful Moon and stars. I looked forward and studied the street in front of me. I've been walking this street since before I moved to my apartment. My family lives not so far away, which is nice because I can vist them often. Thinking of them makes me smile and when I come back from my thoughts I see someone else has joined me on the street.

  It's a man and I am guessing he came off from the connecting road. He is rather slender and, like me, is wearing plenty of black. I swear that I have seen him before but not anywhere in Scranton. I quicken my pace to catch up to the man. I didn't even think about my action, but everything about him screamed that I needed to say hello. As soon as I reach a nice distance I say " Hello, Sir. Is it alright if I walk with you?" Giving him a warming smile. He nods welcomingly and returns a stunning smile. I know I have seen this man somewhere before but I cannot put my finger on it.

"My name is Chris" He says and I think I see him blush. When I here his name it hits me.

" Chris as in Chris Motionless?" I say a little surprized at myself for being so blind. He nods again shyly, "You know me from my band?" "Yes," I say " My name is Samantha." He puts out his hand and I shake it with another smile. The street lights make his eyes sparkle in just the right way. They are a beautiful caramel brown. I study the rest of him but soon stop because I realize I was staring.

"I couldn't sleep so I took a walk. It's nice to find someone to walk with." He says in the sweetest way I have ever heard.

"I couldn't fall asleep either, and I am glad I caught up to you." I say looked down at my feet so he couldn't see me blushing.

  We walked a long while and talked even longer. We both broke through the shyness and it was like we knew each other since childhood. Every time I look up at him he gives that award winning smile. I always return the favor without even thinking. I have never been so comfortable around someone I have just met. He offers to walk me back to my house and I say yes. I never want this walk to end or to stop talking but it's late and I didn't want to keep him from his sleep.

" I would like to speak again, it was really nice talking." he says. My face lights up but I keep my cool and simply say " That would be lovely." We exchange numbers and agree to meet at the Starbucks on the nearest road. We part ways and I have the biggest smile on my face as I washed up and head to bed. I haven't been this happy in a long time.