City Lights

Chapter 4

I wake up to a slight humming noise and when I open my eyes to see I am laying on Chris' chest. I stay there for a second to hear what he is humming but cannot put my finger on it. I move my head so I am looking up at him.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I say in a tired voice.

"Mmm not that long. You can go back to sleep if you want." he says with a compassionate smile.

I lay my head back to where it was before and ask

"What were you humming?"

"Oh you heard that? It was City Lights."

I lift my head once more

"I though you hated that song?"

"I do but you smiled in your sleep when I hummed it."

He blushes and pets my hair. I draw circles on his chest enjoying this moment for a few minutes.

"Would you like to watch a movie?" I ask. Chris nods and kisses my head before I move over to the tv. I select a random movie and walk back to the sofa where Chris has sat up. I grab a blanket and wrap it around the two of us. As the movie begins, again I fall alseep feeling peaceful in the warmth of his embrace.

As my eyes flutter open I see I'm in my room. I look at the time and it's 6am.

"Shit" I say under my breath while rubbing my eyes.

I turn to see a figure alseep next to me and I smile. I look at Chris and move the hair from his face before I get up to get ready for work.

As I emerge from the bathroom I spot him still in the same position as when I woke up. I climb behind him and rap my arms around his thin waist and kiss his cheek lightly. He softly stirs and his caramal eyes meet mine. He smiles and for some reason it still gives me butterflies.

"I have to leave for work soon. Sorry I can't stay with you." I say in a quite tone studying his sleepy face. He kisses me on the lips and I can't help but notice the sweetness of his taste. I want to kiss him forever but I have to pull away. Chris moves from the bed and yawns loudly making me giggle.

"How far is it? Would you like me to walk you?" he asks.

"No no go home, I will see you when I get back." As I adjust his jacket and we leave the house together going our sparate ways. I look back and watch him walk. Everything this man does is seemingly perfect and I smile excited to see him again.

Chris p.o.v

She walks away and I can't help but smile like an idiot. She is so fucking beautiful and sweet. I shake my head looking at my feet thinking of how in the hell did I get such a perfect girl? For the first time in a long time I think I am falling in love and it feels completely right.

I want to feel her lips again but I will have to wait for her to return which seems like forever. And there is one thing I know for sure and its that she is the one.