I Don't Want To Be Here

I never have a choice. When you have friends like mine, you never get a choice. That's why I'm sitting in crappy seats at a too expensive concert, watching my two best friends idolize over 3 famous assholes that would never care to know that they exist. I don't want to be here.

"Chloe?" My friend Morgan tapped on my shoulder. I turned towards her. "Could you at least try to have fun?"

"Why am I here?" I questioned her. She never gave me an answer because the three boys she swears she loves are on stage skating around and probably talking to the crowd. I wouldn't know because like I said we have crappy seats. You'd think we could hear by the way Morgan is cheering and taking in every word. It's funny, I don't hear a damn thing.

It seemed like the concert droned on. And on. And on. When it was finally over, I was the first one out the door.

My friend Ithzell followed me and Morgan out. I laughed at their appearance. They looked as if Jesus had just sang to them.

They stood at either side of me and gave me the look.

"What?"

"Do you love them now?" They both asked at the same time.

I pretended to think for a moment. "No."

They shook their heads and sighed. Sorry I'm not into teenage celebrities that could do so much to change the world and decide not to. I refuse to idolize such cold hearted human beings.

They were now in the back of the venue, with a bunch of ignorant little girls waiting for Emblem 3 to come crawling out of the place. I decided to stand like 20 feet back. I'll let Morgan and Ithzell maybe get a quick up close glance of their idols. I'm sure I'll hear about it all night, at our one bedroom motel with only one bed in it. As for now though, I need a cigarette.

As I lit up the screams came louder.

I sat on my skateboard and looked up at the stars as I let the smoke circle through my lungs and escape out into the freezing night air. I didn't even realize a tall guy with sunglasses and a snap-back walk up to me. I quickly got up.

"Can I help you?" I asked trying to sound polite.

"Yeah, can I bum a cigarette?"

I silently grabbed my pack and handed him a cigarette and a lighter. He lit up and passed it back to me.

We smoked in silence for a while and than my phone went off.

"Morgan?" I answered.

"Dude you willneverbelievewhathappened" She spoke without pausing to take a breath.

"Slow down."

"We met these two incredible dudes! They want to take us around New York!"

"That's great." I said with not too much enthusiasm.

"I'm on my way over to you know though, I can take you to the motel."

I hate how she just assumed I wanted to go straight to the motel. I hate it. I hate looking like the prude who never has any type of fun. "Actually... I met someone too. I'm with him now. So, that's not necessary. I'll meet you at the motel later on. I love you." I hung up the phone. I didn't want to hear her be surprised. She shouldn't be surprised.

I forgot all about the guy smoking next to me. He was looking right at me with a confused look on his face.

"It's nothing." I said nonchalantly. Not really wanting to explain any further.