Chapter Five

P.B. Panes 2017

I was clutching Catherine’s hands as we trail to the kitchen after the maid we had met a while ago informing us that her mother, Delia is in the kitchen right now located at the second floor of the mansion. I am anxious as I glimpse to several men standing in the hallway like guarding someone, wearing their unfazed face as I look at their faces.

Guards.

I tried to hide my discomfort as I restrained myself from faltering but when I see guns tuck in their trouser, all my inhabitation from being calm dissipated. Jenna informed me last time about them yet I can’t help but be frightened. My breathing turns shallow from fear and right now, I only wanted to do is to run and get out from this house as soon as I deliver Christine to her mother yet with every step I take, I think I am drowning in the same anxiety I am feeling since I got here last week. I had thought about it every day yet I can’t find a reason to terminate my contract for teaching Christine because this work will help me a lot in paying all the bills that are in que this month.

The last week has been like this every time I went to this place. Everything is tight especially the security and that is making me uncomfortable because of the strange aura I am feeling from the people inside this mansion. Something dark, something deadly and I feel like I am being watched every time I am here inside in our house.

Sometimes when I am outside of our house but I restrained that thoughts inside my head that someone is watching me and following me. I am just so paranoid at my surrounding, that’s it.

“Do you know why they are here?” I ask Catherine as I gesture all men wearing suit in the hallway. “They are always with him when he comes here.” Catherine said which only pique my curiosity. Since, I got here, curiosity is killing me to crave for information but as soon as I ask someone inside this house which include a couple of maids but they are all tight lips saying that they are in no place to this discuss this certain matters. 

“You’re uncle?”

“They are a lots of them especially at his home. They are his security and my father’s.” She said while we stop several feet away from the kitchen’s door. I gulp more in anticipation as I process every single word she said to me. Contemplating everything bring many thoughts in my head but I restrained myself from asking more but my other self is persistent.

“Do you know what your uncle does for a living?” I ask curiously ignoring the alarms inside my head for going there but to my disappointment, she shakes her head in response. Sighing in surrender, I clear my mind and proceed to the door of the kitchen. Her mother is cooking when we enter the opulent kitchen. When Delia sees us, she greets me hugs her daughter into her arms.

“I will go home now Delia. Bye Catherine, I’ll see you on Monday.” I said dismissing myself quickly.

“Bye Teacher.” Catherine said as she walks towards me and kisses my cheeks. I was ready to walk out to the room but Delia called me again. “Why don’t you have dinner with us, Angela? I’m cooking a pasta and roast chicken and I am sure you are hungry.” Delia offered as she stirs the pasta sauce in sauce pan before she turns her head to me. Delia is soft spoken woman, an American clearly from her accent and very kind.

“I can’t tonight… I had promised my brother and mother that I will eat with them. Maybe next time I will. Thank you for the invitation though.” I decline apologetically as I smile at her.

“It’s okay Angela, no worries. Take care!” I bid my goodbye before I leave the room. I sigh in relief when I got out of the mansion and quickly make my way but before I can reach the end of the stairs outside, a man in black a suit came me offering a ride. I stop mid-step as I stare at him.

“Good evening ma’am, this way.” I was left rooted in my place staring at his back and as he sense my hesitancy he added, “I will drive you to your home.”

“I don’t understand. I-I didn’t request someone to give me a lift.” I said reluctantly at him and confusedly.

“Mr. Moretti requested me to drive you home.” He said with a hint of Italian in his voice just like everybody else in the estate.

“I don’t know him. Especially that Mr. Moretti.” I said.
“I would be delighted if you let me ma’am. He’ll not be please if you refuse his offer.” Contemplating what he said, I reluctantly nodded my head and follow him to a black sedan that was parked among the several cars just outside the mansion.

Who may be that Mr. Moretti, he is very kind to offer me a drive because it would be a hassle for me to go and take a bus which take at least an hour before I reach my house.

He open the passenger door as we reach the opulent car in front of me and immediately enters saying a thanks as I sit in comfort and bring my bag to my lap. I stare at the man as he made his way to driver seat and drive his way. He didn’t ask my address which I believe he knows already and in the duration of the ride, I just stare at the outside window.

My mind run again to the dark and sexy man I met a while ago and I can’t help imagining his features into my mind. I can’t deny that he is my type; dark haired, muscular and grey eyes. I probably insane right now for obsessing him but I can’t help it. Just remembering his intense grey eyes directed at me, make me shudder in delight as warm pool of heat creeps between my thighs. I shake my head, distracting my thoughts of him.

Even though I wished to avoid him, my body seems to crave for him and I know the second time we’ll meet my body would be in command, begging.

Owning You 2017

Please vote and comment.