Teaching

Most of the first nights were spent getting to know each other as best as they could. With limited vocabulary in English for him and Korean for her. After the first three nights, they gave up on getting to know each other and went into learning the dance.

Rocky was good at learning the dance quickly but not at teaching. He tended to rush ahead and think that she was as good as he was.

"I sorry Lettie!" He apologized for the sixth time that hour. "Rocky, hajima. It's okay. I understand, no worries." She sighed and smiled at him, "Count out the steps, it slows you down and forces you to think." He blinked, confused at her English. "Aish...count the steps," she tried again, speaking slower.

"Oh! Okei!" He had her get into position again and faced her. "Ready?" She nodded and he began to count out the steps, which she followed. At the end, he clapped almost excessively and grinned widely at her. "Most good, few parts...you work on but most good!" She giggled and smiled at him, "Thank you Rocky!" They high-fived and headed to their dorms.

She was able to impress the dance teacher the next morning. He praised her in front of the other girls.

It should've been a moment of happiness and something she'd be able to brag about to Rocky later on. Instead, she was filled with dread, knowing that the other girls were going to target her more.

All was silent for the next few days though. No letters, no words, not even many glares.

It worried her.