Chapter 5

Claire

The next hour went through like a breeze. I may not know anyone in my gym class but that doesn't really bother me. I like gym, I'm actually really good at it but the problem is that the boys are so sexist. I should have known that they would be. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't be good at sports, but whatever not much can be done about it.

I stand at the doors of the gym waiting for Zach to come and meet me like he said. Agitated from the wait I lean lazily against the wall staring at the ground trying to keep from looking lonely and awkward. Sounds of tough bottom shoes approach me, the tip of dark skater shoes rest near my feet. I look up to see his arm resting up against the wall behind me and his body very close to mine to where his body heat radiates off and onto me. He turns my head with his curled index finger on my chin, I meet his eyes, and he gives a little smirk. I turn away attempting to distract myself from the awkward closeness.

"Why are you so alone?" He whispers in my ear.

"Umm hello Michael... Have you ever heard of a personal bubble?" I slide to the left making a distance from him.

"Oh, am I invading your personal bubble?" He gets closer to me, giving me a wink.

"Actually yes you are." I move my hand to his chest lightly pushing him away. He takes a few steps back letting out a little giggle.

"Claire are you ready to go." Zach's voice appears from nowhere. I look over to where the voice originates from. Zach's head is turned to Michael, he has the most disgusted facial expression written on his face. "And can I help you?"

"No." Michael stays short. "I just need to let Claire know that the plan has changed and it is going to happen during seventh hour, meet me hear." I give him a nod in response. He walks away meeting up with some of his guy friends.

"What plan?" Zach is curious but also very cautious. "You know that whatever his plan is, is probably a bad one that can get you into a shit tone of trouble?"

"Don't worry Zach I'll be fine."

"I'm going to come with you to make sure nothing bad happens."

"No." I get stern, "this doesn't concern you."

"You don't even know him, he is just bad news you need to stay away from him."

"Zach I bet you don't even know him. Don't be so quick to judge and you also can't believe all the things you hear." I tell him walking away from the gym doors.

"I do know him, well I use too. My judgement isn't based off of what people say, it is based off of the past. If you're not going to listen to me then I guess that's how it will be, but just be cautious." He warns.

"What happened?" He keeps his bright blue eyes forward; his head turns to face me giving a fake grin.

"Stuff, it's over now." He wraps his arm around me like I'm one of his good friends pulling me in. "Where would you like to go to eat lunch?"

"I don't actually care, I'm not that hungry honestly, but where ever you'd like to go I'm down with it" I tell him. We walk out the side doors of the school. The parking lot has calm down with police. There are only about four of five police cars chilling in the lot.

"How about we go to my house. It's free if we go there."

"Oh so your cheap?" I give him a hard time.

"I'm not cheap, I'm just smart, plus there isn't really anything around here to go and eat at."

"I'm just messing with you. You need to lighten up and not take life seriously." I rub my shoulder into his bicep.