Chapter one

"Come on!" She shouted to me as we walked through the woods, I followed behind her quickly, her face hidden by her loosely curled blonde hair. 

     "Where are we going?" I asked curiously, finally catching up to her, grabbing her hand. She spun around quickly in fit of laughter, her smile made my stomach turn. It almost felt like we were one, our heart beats synchronized, her hands fitting perfectly in place with mine.

     "It's a surprise," she said in a hushed voice, her lips an inch away from mine, so close I could feel the warmth propelling off of them, off of her. "You know how much I love surprises." Her smile never faded and the joy radiating off of her only grew.

     "I hate surprises though!" I whined, her burning blue eyes gazed up to my brown ones. She let go of my hand and continued walking, she never spoke after that so the only choice I had was to continue to follow her. It felt like we had been walking for four hours, or maybe longer when she finally stopped and turned around. I was paces behind her and she ran and jumped on me, wrapping her legs around my waist and her arms around my shoulders. My hands instantly went around her and her lips crahed onto mine. We stood like this, kissing, for what felt like longer than the walk. She finally pulled her head away, but i still held onto her, afraid that if I let go, I would lose her forever. She laughed and dropped her legs so that she was standing, but I still held onto her.

     "You need to let go of me Miles." She smiled as if reassuring me. I dropped my arms. She stood on her toes and placed a soft and tender kiss on my lips. She moved away from me after that, she waved and turned, then began running. She was running toward a cliff, I tried to run after her, but my feet wouldn't move. I was stuck here while the love of my life was running towards a cliff, probably to her death. She jumped. Gone forever into an oblivion where she could never be mine again. Once she was over the edge my feet began to move again, but I just fell to my knees, waves of tears and aggressive shaking. She was gone, and I could not fathom the idea. I grew up the courage and walked to the edge, looking over...And sure enough, there she was, splattered and mangled amongst the rocks.

     I bolted upright in my bed and though my room was freezing from the air conditioning, I lay in puddle of my sweat. I could still taste the sweetness of her lips on mine, still feel the warmth of her body, still hear the sound of her voice. But, she wasn't here and she wasn't real. I guess in someway I was thankful she wasn't real, so that I wouldn't have to watch her die, but what if she was real, imagine the life I could have had with her. I snapped out my thoughts and got out of bed. I walked into my bathroom and turned my shower on cold, I needed to wake up and forget the dream. I needed to wake up because I was leaving to my new boarding school in a couple of hours.