Chapter three

It was her...

     She got up immediately and ran over wrapping her arms around Colonel, "God, it's been one hell of a summer, did you know my next door neighbours got murdered? Can you imagine what it would be like to be murdered? I think it would make a great stroy, even though yuo can't tell it because you'll be dead." She was so full of excitement, but when her eyes made her way to me she was speechless. 

     "Alaska this is Pudge."  Alaska...That was her name. We shared the same look on our faces and the Colonel just looked confused. She stuck her hand out to shake mine and I took it wearily.

     "Nice to meet you Pudge, that's quite the name." She smiled nervously, still holding onto my hand, not shaking it anymore, just holding it. She was even more beautiful in person. 

     "Do uh, do you guys know each other already?" The Colonel asked awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. Alaska and I both laughed, but I wonder if she had the same dream that I did...

     "No, we don't." I answered the Colonel adn letting go of her hand. 

   "So...A MURDER!"  The Colonel yelled at her breaking the silence. She turned around ecxited again.

     "A huge one!  It was Clarice, her husband and her kid. I mean it was amazing, obvioulsy not for them, but that kind of thing doesn't happen in my small town! I mean i'm scared shitless too, one house over and it would have been my family." She reached under her bed and pulled out a box of Molborows and tossed them to Colonel, "Free of charge, but only this box...It's a kind of gift and I plan on smoking half of the box anyways."

     "Thanks Alaska." He smiled and all three of us walked out of her dorm. The Colonel and Alaska walk ahead of me catching up with each other and I just follow because I have no idea where I'm going. We made our way to the woods and when we were deep in the woods we all lit a cigarette. 

     "So Miles, where are you from?" Alaska asked casually, taking a puff of her cigarette. Colonel looked over at her confused.

     "How'd you know his name was Miles?" He asked her before I could answer her question. She looked ansie and nervous. 

      "I saw his name on the board above yours," She replied after moments. I knew she was lying, but I wasn't going to point it out. I chocked on the smoke of my cigarette instead, making myself look like an idiot.

     "First time?" The Colonel asked while patting me on the back. I just laughed it off. I looked back up and at her, it still amazed me how beautiful she was, she was perfect, the shape of her jaw, the way her lips curled into a smile at the ends, the blush in her cheeks, her dark eyelashes, the length of her body and the shape, the way her hair fell just below her breasts, she was perfect in every way imaginable. 

     "I'm from Florida," I said redirecting the conversation back to normal, she nodded and turned to look at the view. The Colonel still had his hand on my back and was just smiling at me, "What?" I asked in a hushed voice.

      "You're falling for her." He laughed quietly. I felt the heat rising in my cheeks and shook his hand off of me,

      "No I'm not," I sounded like a six-year old who was being accused of acting like a baby.

     "Don't worry, it's hard not to fall in love with her, I mean, it's Alaska. She is about as amazing as they come. And by the way she is acting, you might have a chance champ." 

     Alaska turned back around, "Well the sun is setting guys and my bud is out, so I say we head back and get to that party on the beach." The two of us nodded in agreement and startde walking back, but she grabbed my arm holding me back, "You and I need to talk tonight, meet me by my room at like eight, okay?" I nodded and she let go of my arm and we both caught up to Chip...I mean The Colonel.