Chapter 1

Fellow humans, glad you have decided to read this book

Fellow humans, glad you have decided to read this book. *Squeals in delight*

Anyways before you read I would like to to tell you that this is the first book I am writing, so please excuse the mistakes and all of that stuff, you have been warned!

I know the book is very awkward and rushed but I promise it will get better, I think..

Hope you enjoy reading!

.........

This was it.

I was going to do it.

I couldn't live like this any longer.

I stood on the edge of the building, the cold wind swept past me, the view was breathtaking. However, I wasn't here for the view. 

Last night I finally had enough.

I took up the courage and ran away.

What was the point of me living anyways? Nobody would notice, nobody would care. 

I stood there recalling my life. Thinking about when it all went wrong. Taking a deep breath I thought of my mother, I was finally going to join her. With a smile on my face, I stepped forward.

God knows how long I stood there for.

I suddenly laughed thinking about the headlines of tomorrows newspaper Girls falls down to her death. It was funny really, no one would know why, no one except for them. Gathering up all my courage I closed my eyes and plunged into the darkness. 

One Month Later 

The first time I woke up, I was beyond surprised. To say that my head hurt would be an understatement, it felt as though my entire body was numb.

Where was I? Wasn't I supposed to be dead? Thousands of questions ran through my mind.

"It's a miracle she survived"

"Yes, Stacy now get me something to cover up her wounds"

Who were these people? Where was I? Opening up my mouth I tried to speak, absolutely nothing came out. That's when I heard the same soothing voice again.

"Riley, it's all up to you now, we tried our best to save you. I'm not sure why you did this, but you survived. It's a sign from God. This can be your second chance. Please don't stop fighting"

That's when I plunged into darkness once again.

Two months later.

The second time I woke up things seemed a bit clearer, I tried to figure out my surroundings. I was in a plain room lying on a bed. There were electrical machines everywhere, a hospital I thought. Suddenly I felt angry, I had chosen to die, they could not save me. I didn't want to be saved.

The door creaked open, revealing a man in his mid-forties, he walked in wearing a doctors coat.

"Who are you?" I said my voice coming out stronger than I thought it would. His expressions turned surprised, almost like he couldn't believe I was awake.

"You're finally awake, I can't believe this!"

"Who are you, where am I?" I asked struggling to get up, my voice was shaking, I was about to break down. I didn't want to be alive, I had nowhere to go, no one to go to. I was all alone in a world filled with monsters.

"Riley please calm down, I'll tell you everything in a bit. I need to run a few tests, to make sure that you don't get unconscious again."

"I don't care! I'm not supposed to be here, please let me go."

"Alright kiddo. I'm Liam your doctor. I'll tell you everything but you have to promise to let me treat you after this"

"Ok" I replied in barely a whisper. There was no point I was going to kill myself again, all of their hard work would go to waste.

"You're lucky to be alive, if it weren't for Mr Aiden you wouldn't be here today. He happened to be there when you fell off and he managed to get you to the hospital just in time. You're quite famous now got in the front page of every newspaper in New York"

I sighed this was not how I wanted things to turn out. Dr.Liam took out a syringe from the front drawer, opening it up he put the needle in my wrists. In the past, I would have been scared of needles but right now it was like the last thing I wanted to worry about.

Dr.Liam started clearing up everything "I almost forgot, I'll need to inform Aiden you're awake. He's been waiting for a long time, visits you almost every day"

"Umm who exactly is Aiden and how long have I been here for?"

"Well, you've been here for about two months now, as for Aiden you'll see who he is in a bit" A small smirk appeared on his face. As if he knew something I didn't.

After he left I dozed of not having the energy to do anything. I was woken up by the door creaking open. I looked up and saw a guy wearing a black suit, he looked about the same age as me, but what caught my attention was his perfectly carved face, he had one of those faces that stopped your right on your tracks, his hair was messy in a good kind of way, but I knew he was not what he looked like, he was probably just like them, evil and manipulating.

"Well look who decided to wake up" He said with no expressions on his face, was this Aiden the guy who saved me. I stared at him lost in my own thoughts.

"Did jumping of a building make you deaf, or were you always mentally unstable?" I was bought back to reality by his deep voice.

"That's none of your business, what's your problem anyways! You shouldn't interfere with anyone's business. I did not ask you to save me, couldn't you have just left." I was furious by now, it was all his fault. Tears were threatening to spill but I controlled myself. Why was my life so horrible, why did these things only happen to me?

What he did next made me want to smack his face. "Darling everything happens for a reason" He bent down a little and whispered in my ear "I will make sure you never even think about trying that again" My heart was beating fast, I could feel butterflies in my stomach. This feeling was new to me. 

*Drops Mic*

Dedicated to thekirks for the awesome cover. Thanks a lot :D

Q. Is it just me or is anyone else in love with fictional characters?

Vote and comment if you liked the chapter !

~Peace Out