ch. 3

We sat in some strangers car. Niall explained a story of how we got out there. Even if it was a lie.. This stranger doesn't need to know what happened.     

We were in L.A. So far from home to me. While the stranger was getting gas, Niall kept trying to cheer me up.. He doesn't even know the real reason Im upset..

"It'll be okay. Its over now. Jake wont find you again."

I nodded my head. Not saying a word to Niall. He frowned and stared at me.. Just watching me.

"Just think... We can go back to our normal lives. The lives we now love. I'll go back home with my Mum and girlfriend. And you can go back with Zoe." Niall smiled.

"Zoe's gone Niall. They took her away. And I dont want to go back to our normal lives! That's why I'm upset! Because in that life, I don't have you!" I yelled.  I paused for a moment and watched Nialls face change. "I'll get a plane to Ireland. Tell this stranger I said thanks. But I'm good on my own now." I finished. I got out of the car and started walking. I ignored Niall yelling for me.I cant turn back now. Why stop something you've already started?

"Kat! Kat wait!" Niall yelled, now running after me.

I started running, not wanting to deal with this. I slowed down when I got to a busy street.. Maybe I could jump out in front of a car and end it all right now. Maybe that's the answer to my problems. I looked back at Niall who was catching up. Do it Kat...Now.

And I did. I jumped in front of a big truck.. And everything went black....

Niall's POV

No...No..No...

"Kat!!" I yelled out as I saw her get hit by a truck. I fell to my knees and slammed my fist on the ground. If only I got to her faster.....

The sounds of sirens all around filled my ears. I was being questioned left and right. They let me ride in the ambulance with her. She was cut up and bruised. Her arm was definitely broken... But other than that, she didn't look too bad. She was still breathing.. Which comforted me just a little. I put my head in my hands...I kept blaming myself for this..

We finally got to the hospital. They took her in too fast for me to catch up. I got a drink of water and sat down. My life just keeps falling apart...

They finally let me in to see Kat. They said that she is okay, and she should wake up soon.. She has a broken arm, 2 broken ribs, a fractured foot, and bruises and cuts. But that's all.. They said she was lucky to even be alive.. Being hit by a truck that size was dangerous.. But she's okay.. She's okay........

She still loves me obviously. Honestly, I still love her. But I have a girlfriend now.. Her name is Elizabeth. I call her Liz.. Well.. Everyone does. She's sweet, nice... And she looks a lot like Kat. She acts like Kat.. She says everything Kat does.. Kat.. I mean.. Liz is perfect...Fuck, who am I kidding. The only reason I'm with Liz is because she reminds me of Kat. But Kat and I.. We just can't.. I mean..  I want to.. But she has her own life now.. And I have mine. She's probably lying about still loving me.. Why would she love me? What's so wonderful about me? Nothing.. I'm just Niall.. No one special.. No one great.. Why me? Why did Kat choose me? I'm just so confused... About everything.. 

Kat's POV

I laid there with my eyes closed. I couldn't open them.. But why? I could feel Niall holding my hand. He was crying and talking to himself.. 

"God, I'm such an idiot.. I can't believe I didn't see it before.. I'm ugly.. I'm terrible. Rude. Fat. Kat doesn't really love me.. Liz is the closest thing to Kat I'll ever get." He whispered.