Chapter 1

A girl with long pale pink hair and gorgeous emerald eyes sat on top of a building deep in thought. " these feelings are troublesome" She thought. She was talking about a certain feelings for a blonde haired chain user.

"I don't know how but somewhere along the way I began to fall for you."

*ring* *ring*

"Hello"

"Sakura, it's me melody" a voice answered back, Sakura could hear the worried tone of her voice.

"What's wrong melody?" She asked.

"Kurapika has captured one memeber of the phantom troupe and they're battling right now" she explained. Sakura could feel her heart stop when she heard what melody had said. Her heart starts racing faster as she grew worried for his wellbeing.

"D-do you know where they are?" She asked in a soft voice, there was a silence on the other side of the line as she patiently waited for a reply.

"No"

Sakura gripped her phone tightly and was about to speak when melody continued.

"You like him, don't you?" Melody said in a knowing voice, Sakura's eyes widened and a blush dusted her cheeks.

"Wha-what a-re you talking about, of course I don't like him" she denied, cursing herself for stuttering. "Way to go Sakura, you make it sound convincing" she sarcastically thought.

"You're lying" Melody answered back.

"No, I'm-"

"I've seen the way you look at him, also I can tell by the sound of your heartbeat" melody cut Sakura off.

Sakura stayed silent as she listened to melody's reply. Of course she liked kurapika, scratch that, she loved him but she knew that he was focus on getting revenge on the spiders to care for this kind of things. That's why she kept her feelings hidden and hope that none of her friends find out.

"Was it that obvious?" She asked melody.

"Not really, I just found out recently because of your heartbeat" melody answered truthfully. Sakura sighed in relief and said "please don't tell anyone melody"

"Don't worry I won't" melody assured.

"I gotta go Sakura, we need to guard the boss"

"Okay, bye" Sakura hanged up and stare into oblivion. She began to reminisce on how she met kurapika along with gon and the others. She took the hunter exam because she always wanted to become a hunter, when she first met kurapika, she was amazed by his intelligence and quick thinking. And when he told her the reason on why he wanted to become a hunter, that's when she decided that she want to help him, because he reminded her of her old friend — sasuke. Her friend that she lost, her friend that was consumed by hatred and revenge that he cut off ties with them.

At first, that was the only reason on why she wanted to help, but somewhere along the way, she began to fall for him. She got scared of course, because her feelings for him are much more stronger than her feelings for sasuke, she got hurt once and was afraid to be hurt again. She tried to avoid him during the exams, ignoring his hurt and cofused stares. But she can't help it, everytime she looked at his gorgeous eyes, eyes that are filled with hatred, anger, sadness and longing, she wanted to hug him and tell him that she will always be with him. At first she thought she love him because he reminded her of sasuke, but she was wrong, she loved him for who he is, and she realized he is far more different than sasuke. That's when she knew that he wouldn't hurt her like sasuke did. And thus, she began to acknowledge him again.