Chapter 2

Kovan

"I'm leaving my house now Ma', I'm never late for family dinner and I won't start now" I said as I walked out of my apartment in Mill Basin.

"Boy who you talking to in that tone?, you maybe 19 but, you ain't never too old to get your ass beat!", my mom yelled into the phone.

"Alright Ma', I'm sorry", I said as I walked towards my black Mercedes Benz CLA 250. The call instantly connected to the bluetooth in the car & his moms irritated voice rang throughout it.

"All I'm telling you, is your ass better be ringing my doorbell at 8 o' clock sharp Kovan", his mom yelled before she hung up the phone.

Kovan chucked to himself as he pulled out of his garage and towards Seaview. His mom was crazy but, he loved that women with everything in him. She raised him by himself and tried her hardest to provide for him and his brother, Nazir. So for that he will be forever grateful and will give her the world in return.

Kovan drove down Seaview pulling a blunt out of the glove compartment. He only smoked when he was stressed or in a good mood. Right now he was in a good mood and a blunt would have him feeling right.

He took a few pulls and decided to stop at a corner store to get some munchies because after smoking a nigga feel like he hasn't eaten in years. He pulled up and got out, as he walking in a beautiful brownskin girl was walking out. Kevon never really payed attention to females cause he thought they were all whores from multiple bad experiences. But, there was something different about her. She had the type of beauty that you just had to stop and stare at. Kevon looked back as the girl glanced back looking at him. He smirked at her as she smiled and kept on walking down the block. He walked into the store and headed towards the chips section with that mystery girl still on his mind.

Amara

As Amara walked down the block heading back home, she couldn't help but, to smile thinking of the sexy darkskin man she just encountered. It was just the eye contact between the two but it was enough to get her sexual thoughts flowing. But, who was she to blame it has been a year and a couple months since she's even had any sexual contact. She shook the thoughts out of her head, and walked through the door of her apartment and headed towards the elevator.

She got on and clicked level four. The elevator doors open and she walked down the hall to her apartment and unlocked the doors. "Ahmed, I'm back I got milk and picked up some of the Doritos in the purple bag for you", Amara yelled as she walked into the living room.

"Thanks, the food should be here in the next 5-10 minutes" Ahmed said turning his head to glance at his sister.

"Alright", Amara said as she walked into the kitchen and put the milk into the fridge. Her phone began to ding signaling the incoming notifications. Amara rolled her eyes, she was in a good mood and she could tell some bullshit was about to happen that was gonna blow her mood. She picked up her phone and had to laugh.

"This bitch still talking shit", Amara mumbled to herself. Amara never paid attention to people's kids but every once in a while someone's daughter always wanted to start. It just so happened that this time the bitch was actually bold enough to come direct. But, Amara could do the arguing shit and she knew a couple things to hurt the bitch feelings to. Perks of being so lowkey you hear people run their mouth as you just sit back and take notes.

Amara opened her Facebook and looked at the status Bianca posted about her. She didn't even have to comment because Cierra was already under the status going back and forth with Bianca. Cierra was a real ass friend, they've been best friends since 4th grade and there in the 11th now. They've done everything together and told each other everything.

Amara had to read the status one more time to make sure she wasn't blind. "This bitch done lost her mind", Amara said. It was one thing to talk shit about her but, bringing her late father into it was just disrespectful, and disrespect was just something Amara didn't take lightly and for that Bianca needed to be dealt with.

Amara wasn't with the arguing shit and hoped this bitch kept the same energy in school tomorrow cause best believed her head was getting punched off. She closed her Facebook app and began walking to her room with her snacks in hand. She sat on her bed turned on her tv to Greys Anatomy and opened her Doritos, poptarts and donuts. She laid back in bed snacking with the slight feeling of relaxation coming back to her.

Kevon

"Nazir quit playing the fucking fool and open the door yo", I yelled into my phone. I was outside my mom house and this nigga wanted to play the fool, a nigga was hungry them little chips didn't do shit.

"Hungry ass, I'm coming yo calm down", Nazir responded and hung up. A few seconds later the door swung open revealing my younger brother. He was only 17, but you would've thought we were the same age because we did everything together. Blood honestly couldn't make us any closer.

"Well damn it's about time a nigga starving out here", Kevon muttered brushing past him, heading into the house.

"I don't even know why you in a rush the food not even done yet, ma' talking about 30 more minutes left" Nazir said following behind Kevon into the living room.

"She had me thinking the food was done, got me rushing here and shit", Kevon muttered as he sat down.

"I know I don't hear no cussing in my house Anderson!", his mom yelled from the kitchen.

Kevon instantly caught an attitude everyone knows he hates being addressed by his middle name. It was the only similarity he shared with his dad and he hated that. Anderson Williams was 27 when, he left Carmen to raise Nazir and Kevon by herself. That was such a bitch move to Kevon just for the simple fact that he laid down and made this situation for himself, and when the repercussions come you bail? That was low, and he could still see that his mom was still hurt by him leaving but she, wouldn't show it of course. But, it's okay because he always made sure his family was good by any means necessary and it would stay like that.

Kevon was snapped out of his thoughts by his mom saying dinner was ready. He got up following Nazir into the kitchen ready to push all his thoughts towards the back of his head and just focus on the good food he was about to receive.