Part Six: Pre-Surgery

Hayley's POV:

I opened my eyes - barely. I could tell they were swollen.

"Hayley! You're awake! I was so worried that you weren't going to make it. I love you SO much. Don't ever forget that. I'm so glad you're okay!" Annie said.

"Wait, what?" I replied. I was confused.

"You don't remember being hit by a car?" she asked.

"No... Why can I barely open my eyes? And why is my leg wrapped in this stuff? Where are we? How did we get here? What happened? Am I going to be okay?"

"Hayley, we don't have time for all of these questions. You're about to get surgery - your leg is severely broken and it needs to be fixed.  They said as soon as you woke up, they would take you back." She was concerned.

"Just answer my questions!" I yelled.

"Bratayley's back..." she said. "Anyway. Your eyes are swollen because when the car hit you, you landed on your face. Your leg is severely broken - we went over this. We're at an Emergency Room. Someone on the road was nice enough to drive us here. I think you're going to-" she was cut off.

"Hayley LeBlanc?" someone in a white robe asked. "We're going to take you back now.

"I love you too, Annie," I said as the doctor rolled me and my cot out of the room.

---

Annie's POV:

"Good luck!" I said as Hayley disappeared from my view.

I decided to see if there was any sort of vending machine in the building that I could get food from. The lady that drove us to the hospital was nice enough to give me some money.

I walked out of the room, down the hallway, and into the lobby.

Then, I screamed and dropped my money. I couldn't believe who I saw.