BOSS STATUS { Urban Story }

"She think she cute always with that fake designer on."

"She stay with a bunch of dudes. She probably fucking all of them."

"Swinging that hair like it's hers. Bitch bye! I can spot that dollar store weave from here."

I sat on top the picnic table listening to these thots talk about me as if I'm not even a few feet away. I'm trying to contain my anger I really am. Everyone in Honeydew know I got a bad ass temper and still these niggas (mainly broads) be trying me. I continued to look from my feet to the court where some boys playing ball.

"Betta calm your lil ass down, Kei."

I looked over with a smirk to my best friend,my rider, my A1 Lavell Tatum AKA "Buttah". Buttah was the first person I met when I moved to Honeydew. I gave him the nickname only after a few hours of knowing each other. He'll tell you it's cause of how good a smoove talker he is. Lie! It's cause how yella his ass is!

Buttah is 5'9 light skin average built guy with light blue gray eyes, black curly hair and the these deep dimples. He is a cutie but after getting to know him, I would never cross that line.

I sighed before replying, "These hoes be acting up and y'all niggas be letting them." Buttah flashed all thirty two teeth as he laughed at me. He stood up from his seat beside me on the table. It was a hot June day so Buttah ass had to come outside with a white beater, his royal blue & white shorts from high school basketball and his all white Adidas. All the girls were gawking at him as he pulled the beater off. Throwing it in my lap, he ran to the court yelling,"Don't start no shit, Taz!"

I laughed at the nickname he gave me from the short tempered character from the Looney Tunes cartoon. Leaning back on the table,  I watched my best friend demand the game. Buttah was showing them boys who really owned the court.  

"Damn, Keilani, you looking sexy today."

"What you want, Henny?"

"It's Vinnie."

I got up from the picnic table and straightened out my clothes. I was wearing a green t-shirt with the shelves and sides cut out showing my bright red sports bra, khaki shorts, and black low top Jordans. My curly dark brown hair was down, coming to a few inches below my shoulder blades.  Grabbing Buttah's beater and his blue Powerade, I responded, "Yeah, whatever. I gotta go."

Vinnie has got to be the most annoying person I've met. He too damn cocky. Vinnie looks like an Italian version of Romeo from the ICDC commercials. I think not! Swerve.Running behind me, Vinnie continued to run that big ass mouth.

"Damn, shorty, you forever dissing a nigga. What's wrong with going on one date with me?", he questioned jumping in front of me. I looked at him as I thought to myself. Number one you annoying.  Number two you ain't my type. Number three you a lame. I rolled my eyes waiting for him to catch the hint or Buttah talk lanky ass to come to my rescue.

"She think she too good to date you, Vinnie. Keilani one of those uppity bitches."

I turned to my right to see these same three thots from earlier. Their "leader" was the one running off at the mouth. She about my height, toothpick thin like her friends, ugly raggedy blonde weave and long yellow that did nothing for her dark skin tone.Toothpick was wearing a yellow bandeau top showing her stretch marks & a little pudge, yellow leggings and yellow ballet flats that had black smudge marks. But this hoe talking about how I look?

I walked up to her with attitude asking, "Is there a problem? "

She smiled replying, "You Keilani Carter is my problem. You think you better than us. Bitch, you from Honeydew like the rest of us. Don't front cus you gotta lil bit of money. You get up and rest your head in the same place: the projects. You a project chick like every girl out here. You ain't shit special."

No lie, I felt like Lisa Ray from The Player's Club  going against that dike bitch. I looked at her as she and her minions smile triumphantly as if they did something.

Stepping in her face, I gave her a piece of my mind.

"Bitch, I don't think I'm better than anyone out here. I just know my worth unlike you. I ain't a project chick.  I don't open my legs to a nigga that's show me just a tiny bit of attention. I don't plot to get pregnant by a nigga I see making a come up so that I'm set for life. I don't bitch and moan about not finding a good nigga when I allow dudes to make me his 'main chick' when you should be his only. If that's being 'better than you', it's a sad life you live. Like I said I'm not a project chick,  I'm a chick tryna get out the projects. Yeah, I'm from Honeydew but Ion have to be a Honeydew statistic. Unlike you." By the time I finished, Buttah had walked over to grab me. "Let's go, Kei," whispered Buttah as he placed his beater back on his body and continued to walk to the entrance closet to our street.

"I didn't do anything, Buttah. She came at me sidewaa-"

I didn't get to finish before Toothpick pulled me back by hair to tackle me to the ground. We were going blow for blow. I'll admit she got a few hits. I still whooped that hoe ass like Sharkiesha. Buttah and another dude was finally able to pull me away from Toothpick. Her blonde weave was now wet with the blood leaking from her nose and mouth. The right eye was a purplish blue and swollen shut while the left eye only had cuts under it. That's all I could take in before Buttah tossed me over his shoulder,  heading out the park.

I hit Buttah on his back continuously screaming for him to put me down. Slapping my ass, he yelled back, "I can't take yo lil Tasmanian behind anywhere! You just gotta fight someone somewhere. Ima get you a muzzle for that damn mouth of yours." He finally placed me on the sidewalk just outside my two story brick house at the end of our street. I crossed my arms feigning like I was mad. Buttah gave me his classic "Ion give a fuck face".

I rolled my eyes saying,"She tried me. I'm sorry the toothpick bitch provoked me."

He chuckled at my reply before answering, "Swear to God I miss that lil country ass girl I met a couple years ago. What the fuck happen to her? Keilani Carter was the sweet quiet girl."

I fell out laughing at Buttah knowing he was half serious and half joking.

"You ain't heard? Ain't shit sweet came from Honeydew. "

KEILANI IN THE MM >>>>>>>