Prologue.

"Oh my fucking god, what the hell are you!?" A woman from my pack snatched her daughter up, fear evident on her face and my smile dropped to the floor as I stared at her confusion. "What's wrong Evelyn?" I went to reach out to her but she pulled out a knife on me. "Stay the fuck away from me and my child." She growled out in a low voice, running out of the kitchen. "What's wrong with her?" I asked myself and that's when I saw it.

"On the eve of your twenty first birthday," The old lady looked down at me with fondness in her eyes. "You will change." She stated but then she sighed, a sign that she was about to reveal news that I wasn't ready to hear.

She told me some things that would change my entire life forever and it would reveal just who exactly I could trust, even if it wasn't the people I knew like the back of my hands. She told me things I had never heard of, things that were impossible in the world of wolves.

"Some will praise you."

I closed my eyes remembering those words. There wasn't anyone here who seemed to be happy. I didn't know what it was but it scared everyone around me. Everyone ran in fear because of me and I didn't know why. "What's wrong with me?" I murmured, feeling dejected.

"Some will hate you."

"Wow. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse." My best friend looked at me with disgust in his eyes as he turned around, exiting the room. He didn't seem like he was afraid of me, more so, angry at me. I didn't know why or how or if he even knew what was going on because I didn't. "Why me?"

"Some will try to kill you."

I flicked my eyes at a man of my pack, who held a gun towards me. "What the hell are you?" He threatened to pull the trigger. I raised my hands as high as I could, surrendering. "What?! Put that gun down!" I barked at him, feeling afraid for my life. He waved his gun at me, his nose sneering down at me. He held one finger on the trigger, inching closer to me. "Those eyes will get you killed." What was the problem with my eyes?

"When it happens, you have to leave immediately. The world isn't safe for you. The only one person that can protect you is your other half. The one who knows you better than you know yourself. Once you've reached that point in your life where everyone turns on you, find that person."

As I stood in front of my mother Kyra, wanting to relish in her love and affection and have her heal all of my emotional wounds, I got nothing but the smell of hate and disgust coming from her. That's when I knew it was too good to be true, to have a mother who would comfort me in my time of need.

"I don't even know who you are anymore!" My mother looked at me with disgust in her eyes, like she didn't recognize me, her son. She flung me off of her and I hit the wall with a sickening crack, pain running all over my body. "W-What do you mean, mom?" I tried not to let a tear slip my eye, my heart breaking. "What's wrong with me?" I demanded to know, running a hand over my head to reveal blood, sticky blood. She stood up, rage in her eyes. "You're not my son anymore." She growled out. "I knew we should've killed you when we had the chance before you became something. Something that had the power of killing us all." Then the tear fell from my eye as the love that she normally had in her eyes for was gone. She hated me, her son and I had no idea why. The color of my eyes suddenly changed and now, I had nothing to live for.

Everyone kept jumping in fear as I looked at them, shuddering in horror as they asked me who I was. Why did they keep asking me that when they clearly knew who I was?

I was Kaiden West.