Where Are You Mikey?

Mikey awoke on the room in the early hours of the morning. He was on the outskirts of New York City with no intent of going back. It was quiet out being early and it made Mikey uneasy. He got up slowly and walked over to the edge of the building, looking down. He seemed to be in the bad side of town. The side that always had the soon to be Purple Dragons. In the ally below him he saw someone walking around.

"Hello..?" It was a girl. Mikey slowly made his way to the ground and stuck in the shadows.

"Hello...?" The girl had quickly spun around quickly and faced Mikey though she couldn't quiet see him. "Who's there?" She called out. The girl was about Aprils age so roughly 16.

"Chill dudette . I ain't gonna hurt you." Mikey said softly. He remained in the shadows as she glanced his way again.

"Who are you?" Her voice was soft.

"I'm Michelangelo but my bros use to call me Mikey." He sounded a bit hurt but he quickly changed the topic. "What's your name?" He had a soft smile.

"Oh me? I'm Angel..." She looked up at his quietly and softly said, "Why are you out here anyways?"

"I uh... I got one of my bros hurt and was deemed to 'unsafe' to be around them." It was only partly a lie.

"Oh! Well you could stay with me!" She shouted happily.

"Your not scared of me?" Mikey asked as he stepped out of the shadows slowly.

"Why would I be?" She asked softly. It was as though she couldn't see the monster of a form that he was. She grabbed his three fingered hand and dragged him alone. "Your hands are soft." She said softly.

"Are you blind...?" Mikey didn't want to assume anything but she wasn't afraid of him and he was trying to figure out why.

"Sadly yes." She said softly. "But I don't let that put me down!" Back to that happy tone from before. Mikey smiled softly as he wrapped he large fingers around her small hand. He let her lead him through the empty streets as she lead him to where she was staying.

"Aaaand," She held out the word. "This is where I live." She moved a piece of plywood that was over a hole in a wooden fence. He followed her into the large area with a sad smile.

"Do you have a family?" He asked softly. She softly shook her head.

"No... I was abandoned as a young girl. I had a big brother who raised me but he ended up joining the Purple Dragons so he could get money so he could take care of me. He hasn't been back in a while... I'm worried about him." Mikey felt bad for her. She had wiped her eyes softly as she leaned against the now sitting turtle. He leaned back against the wall softly.

"We could try to find him." Mikey said softly.

"I'd like that." She said softly. Mikey smiled. He found a friend who wasn't afraid of him. Nothing could go wrong could it? Boy was this young turtle wrong.