one

He knew it was a bad idea to have stayed out so late, he called back to his friends to have a good night as he made his way home. It was only a 20 minute walk so it wouldn't be that bad.

A clap of thunder shattered the night sky of L.A and opened up the clouds, he allowed the warm rain to pour onto his tanned skin, he hadn't even managed to get 5 minutes into the walk before nature decided to screw him over.

"Just my luck" he muttered under his breath as he let the water droplets make their landing onto the smooth skin of his face. He grumbled to himself and pulled the hood of his grey jumper over his head and continued on his walk, standing around was just going to make it worse.

He was sure to be soaked through to the bone when he managed to get home. He stuffed his hands into his hoodie pockets and attempted to keep his head down, trying to stop any more raindrops from staining his glasses. His vision was already becoming blurry.

Watching his feet move long the damp pavement reminded him of being younger, when he would sit in the backseat of his dad's car and watch the blurry world he lived in zoom by. Although, he wasn't that fast; God, was he trying. Anything to get out of this damn rain.

With only 6 minutes left of his journey home, he decided to take a short-cut through his local park. It was about 1am right now so no one would be there and, anyway, it was raining, it's not like anyone was mad enough to be out in this weather. Apart from Mark. 

The illumination of the street lights faded away as he sped through the small woodland area, his trainers being attacked by small blades of grass that thought they were a match for The Markiplier, how silly of them.l

As he passed the small playground he stopped for a moment, letting himself be caught in the storm that was just going to get worse, his jumper had already turned from its normal light grey to a shiny black. Good thing his phone was waterproof.

Memories of his childhood came back to him like when you smell something that reminds you of being a kid, the image of him and Thomas playing pirates on the playgrounds wooden pirate ship made a small smile creep onto his face. He was always Captain Jack Sparrow, Thomas said it was the way that his head involuntarily moved away from his neck without him knowing it, but Mark knew it was because his brother wanted to make him feel important. In the end, that's what big brothers do.

A harsh crack of lightning brought him out of his nostalgic trance, he was about to continue his walk but the hairs on his neck stood to attention. He felt uncomfortable, unsafe. He quickly checked his surroundings but he couldn't see anything.

'It must have been my imagination, I've been playing too many horror games' he thought to himself. He took his hood down and let his already wet hair take a harsher beating from the rain, he was going to have to shower when he got in anyway, this way he could hear the rain hitting the pavement and that was better than any music someone could shove in his ears.

He never really was one for music, he just enjoyed the sound of silence or nature, nature's music he would call it. That's something you admired about him, his goofiness always had meaning to it.

Following the pathway that presented the way to the street he felt it again, the tingle of hairs on the back of his neck. He found himself unconsciously straightening his back and tensing his body as he walked, this was to present himself as being bigger and stronger than he was, not that he knew that.

He gave another glance around his dim surroundings, but again, he couldn't see anything. Although, he felt his body begin to alter, he could feel his blood running and his heart pounding. But why? There was nothing to be afraid of.