|Chapter One| Changed?

(3rd POV)

     Laughs echoed through the court yard as Danny Fenton, Loser Of Casper High, got punched once more. With his head snapping to the side, Danny mentally reminded himself to be less reckless about where he transforms. Seconds before Dash found him, he was in ghost mode and in a fight against a stray blob of ectoplasm that didnt fully take physical form yet. Thankfully, Danny transformed back quickly. 

     With one last punch to the gut, Danny heard a teacher yell at Dash's retreating form as he ran away. Letting out a light groan, Danny rolled over so he was laying on his back looking up at the open sky. Usually Dash abusing him wouldn't be a problem, but today Dash just happened to re-open one of Danny's freashly stitched wounds from his fight with Skulker. Closing his eyes, Danny focused on his breathing as he forced himself to sit up. Pulling open one of his eyes, Danny looks around the now abandoned school grounds, only to see Sam and Tucker already running towards him.

     "Sorry we're late!" Danny chuckled at Tucker's lame attempt at a joke as Sam kneeled down and lifted Danny's shirt. Running her fingers over to wound lightly, Sam inspected the wound. '4-inch-long gash, from left shoulder blade to mid-chest, 2-inches-deep, Stitches need to be re-done...' As Sam mumbled these details outloud, Tucker pulled his PDA out and immediantly began typing down the report. Setting out a small red bag, Sam continued to mumble report about his blood loss and such... When Tucker's eyes landed on the bag, he let out a loud laugh, knowing how much Danny hates getting stitches. "Dude, Danny, you're getting your stitches re-done bro."

     Letting a slight whine like a dog, Danny looked nervous. Everytime Danny had gotten stitches, he ends up losing control of his ghost powers for the next 24 hours. Rolling her eyes, Sam took out a needle and a lighter before beggining heating the tip. Getting ready to start, Sam took Danny's hand in hers, and began.

     Five minutes of Tucker laughing and Danny complaining, Sam was done. Hoisting Danny to his feet, Sam and Tucker wrapped his arms around thie r shoulders and began walking. They barely took three steps before Danny complained once more. "Really guys? I re-opened stitches on my chest! Not brake my foot!"

     Thinking over that logic, Sam was hesitating to let him or not. Sam knew he was stubborn  when he wanted to be, but walking could worsen the wound. Finally coming to a decision, Sam nodded slightly while letting go of Danny's arm, Tucker copying her actions. Danny took a few steps forward on his own before looking back at Sam from over his shoulder. He looked like he was about to say something before he froze. Trailing his eyes to something behind Sam, his eyes suddenly go wide.

     Before anything could be done, Sam and Tucker watched in horror as something tackled Danny to the ground. Danny and the figure rolled on the ground wrestling to be the winner. Within seconds, Danny was laying still on his stomach with the figure on his back. The figure had a foot pressing lightly on Danny's back while holding his hands underneath the foot. Tucker just stood still watching on in awe, someone had just beat Danny in less than seconds without any struggle. Sam on the other hand, had sprung into action. Sam had turned on the wrist-ray and aimed ut at the intruders head. But before she could do anything, she froze.

     The person currently sitting on Danny had long black hair that reached her waist, electric blue eyes, and a slight tan that covered her skin. She was wearing a pair of red basketball shorts along with a blue T-Shirt, black ankle combat boots, and a beanie clinging loosly to the back of her head. As usual, the girl was beautiful... "Dani?"

     "The one and only!" The girl, Dani, took her foot off of Danny and pulled her hands behind her back while leaning forward. With a proud smile, she beamed at the boy on the ground. Suddenly, her smile was quickly replaced with a frown when she realized Danny was wincing. It was then that Dani had noticed not only was Danny's shirt off, but there was a freshly stitched wound. "Oh... Your hurt... And I..."

     "No! Im okay, see? See?" Danny tried to reassure Dani that he did not get hurt when she tackled him. Holding back tears, Dani giggled at Danny's lame attempt at making her happy... But then again, it did work. She was happy now. Danny, who was now sitting up, let out a groan as Dani tackled him once more. But this time she was hugging, not fighting.

     "C'mon you two, let's get y'all home..." Sam, choosing to be the adult, decided while looking up at the sky. It was only then that they noticed how dark it was. It must have been around 9:30ish, and Danny's curfew is 10 O'Clock.

-#(*)#- -#(*)#-

     When the Mysterious Trio (and Dani) arrived at Danny's house it was well past 10 O'Clock. Danny, who now had his shirt back on, knocked on the foor quietly. The door flung open to reveal two very mad parents. Maddie Fenton and Jack Fenton, A.K.A. The mother and father of Danny Fenton.

     When Maddi Fenton's eyes landed on her son, she went into mother mode and began the questions, and scolding."Danny Fenton! Where on Earth were you this late at night? Wait! You weren't hurt, were you?!"

     "No mom, I wasn't hurt... I was showing Dani the way here!" Danny chuckled nervously while sheepishly rubbing the back of his head hoping that she would beilieve the exucuse.  Maddi nodded absent mindedly, until she suddenly looked up. "Who's Dani?"

     It was then that Danny remembered, even though other people know them as cousins, Maddi and Jack was never introduced to her. Facepalming, Sam decided that now would be a good time to step in and help Danny out. But before she had a chance, Dani stepped forward. "Hi there! Im Dani, with one 'N' and an 'I!' Im Danny's cousin!"

     "Cousin?" Jack joined in on the conversation. "From who's side?"

     "Umm.... Yours...?" She responded, but it was ment to come out more as a question. Nodding slightly in acknowledgement, Jack looked deep in thought. Everyone watched Jack with anticipation, waiting to see if he belived them or not. Seemingly coming to an awnser, Jack nodded approvingly to himself. Backing up with a big grin,  Jack pulled the door fully open so they could come inside. Letting out a sigh of relife, the kids filled into the living room.

     "Well, we're going up to my room... Tucker and Sam are staying the night, and if she'd like Dani could sleep on my bed with Sam.... Tucker and I could sleep on the ground..." Danny tried to come up with fake sleeping arrangements on the spot.

     "Okay...." Maddi seemed t be a little unsure sbout letting Dani sleep in the same room as the other kids, seeing as Dani is two years younger. But, its not like they have any other rooms.

     Not wanting to wait any longer, The Mysterious Trio and Dani ran up the stairs and into a familiar space theamed room. As a yawn escaped her mouth, Dani leaned onto Danny while using one of her hands to rub her tired eyes. Letting a chuckle escape himself, Danny picked up Dani and laid her down on the bed. After making sure she was situated, Danny climbed into the bed with her, Sam copying his actions. Ever since Dani showed up, Danny and Sam had thought of her as their own daughter, so it wasn't too weird for them all to sleep in the same bed like a family.

     After getting comfy, Danny looked over his shoulder at Tucker who was already laying in his sleeping bag. With a small smile Danny shook his amused and turned back to his family. Placing a kiss on Sam's lips, Danny was careful not to wake Dani who was already sleeping. He then kissed Dani's forehead. Danny's last thought before he dozed off was... 'Goodnight... Dani.'

     1384 Words. Not including this I mean... Okay, I know its not good, but I had this idea in my head and I just couldn't put it correctly into a book... So I apologize if you think its bad...