Chapter Five

Your heart pounded, and you felt like you were going to vomit. You didn't know how anyone was going to react to this.

Honestly, when you first saw his "ad" you felt skeptical. You believed in ghosts and possession, of course, but this was a little much. You had shrugged and decided to give it a shot.

Well, that article stayed true to what it read, and almost everything about Glen was correct. Shy, anxious...

However, the other parts of the article said he was fussy, and I'll mannered. Untrue, basically.

If you weren't engrossed with ghosts and all things paranormal, you would've screamed and called the police right then and there.

So how would these people react?

"Glen, honey, just be yourself okay? Just don't tell them you're a  doll. It'll be okay," you held his hand, which was now shaking.

He nodded, even though you saw wetness appear in his eyes he didn't let any tears flow. You pretended to be playing with him in the water whilst the family strode over.

You glanced their way and saw one teen girl, a young boy, and two parents. Basically, a stereotypical family.

The teenager had light brunette hair, and sunglasses on even though it was the end of winter and it was still cold out. There were patches of snow in some areas, and patches of ground.

She wore a coral bikini that looked a size too small, and it accentuated her features that she otherwise lacked.

She turned in your direction only to look away, disgusted. You felt a tinge of anger inside you, but had to push it back down.

Her brother eagerly splashed into the springs. From what you could tell, he had a darker brunette hair color and skin tone, tan if you will, and wore bright blue swim gear. He seemed very happy, and wore goggles even though you knew the water was foggy.

The parents were trying to set up a "snack station" near a rock without snow on it. On it laid some Caprisuns and sandwiches.

"Hailey! Come and play with me!" The young boy shouted to his sister, to which she gave him a look of annoyance.

"James, don't bug your sister," the father called out before setting a towel on their designated rock.

"...Momma?" he shook as you held his hand. "I'm scared."

You ungrapsed his hand to rub his back, you needed him to calm down. "We can leave, if you want."

What a shitty vacation. I'd have to take him somewhere else, which isn't a problem, but it'd be a bummer since this place is...special.

"N-no. I want to stay," he gave you a look of fake confidence. You smiled at him.

"Just tell me if you want to head out, okay?" He nodded in response to you.

Hailey slowly sunk into the water, making a visible attempt to make herself seem sexy.

She obviously wanted to let everyone know that she was the prettiest.

She let out a sigh when she was fully in the water, and got out her phone despite being in water. She quickly took a selfie and then proceeded to, presumably, post it to her Instagram.

You already hated her, you could tell she was a showoff, and probably bought all her makeup at malls.

You rolled your eyes and turned back to Glen, playfully splashing him. He giggled in response and splashed you back.

"Got you Mama!" He luaghed again before you gently flicked him.

"Whatever buddy," you winked at him. "You just keep believing that." You laughed with him.

James eventually made his way over to you two, sneakily but surely.

"Hi Miss!" he was oh so enthusiastic. "How old is he?" He gestured to Glen, who avoided his gaze.

"He's five," you smiled, faking everything.

"I'm nine! My name's James," he smiled before making a fist with his hands for a fist bump.

"My name's Glen," his accent made James look confused, but he didn't ask any questions before Glen returned the fist bump.

You made sure Glen wasn't getting too nervous.

"Your hands are really...smooth?" he cocked his head to the side. "You must use a lot of lotion."

He made a grossed out face. "I hate lotion, it always seems so sticky. And when you put on clothes over it, it's just worse."

Glen seemed a little overwhelmed but nodded in agreement. "I-I only use it because I have dry skin, u-u-usually."

He smiled even though you could see him shaking. It wasn't much, but as his caretaker you noticed when he felt off.

James smiled back at him. "Hey I'll be right back! I want some juice," he grinned again before paddling off, using the generic doggy paddle.

You turned back to Glen. "He seems pretty okay, what do you think?"

He scratched his head before answering, "Yeah, I definitely agree Oka-san!"

Hailey suddenly snapped her head over in your direction. "Uhm, we're in America. Speak English."

She had a displeasing tone of voice, and spoke with an attitude that just scream 'im trying to be cool'.

He seemed to shy away into himself, and seemed anxious again.

"Er, he's just a kid. Don't be so rude," you also admittedly had anxiety problems, and couldn't stand up to people very well.

"So what? Teach him something, he doesn't live in Japan," you could see Glen tearing up a bit, and you could tell he was thinking about his past.

"Please just stop." You really didn't want to get rude with her when her parents were closeby, "how about you stop," she smirked at you, knowing she was winning the argument.

"D-d-dont talk to m-my Ok-Okasan like that!" Glen had wiped his previous tears and looked directly at the brunette bitch.

She looked a little taken aback before she laughed. "Who's gonna stop me?"

"HAILEY," you heard her mother yell at her. "Stop fucking around with little kids! You always do this, you know what? Go to the car, and stay there."

She huffed before climbing out of the springs. She then proceeded to trip and drop her phone into the water.

She screamed defiantly, before looking to her mom who was ignoring her.

"I hate this family!" She stormes off toward the car.

You laughed lightly to yourself so no one could hear before looking at Glen, who was sticking his tounge out and crossing his arms.

He giggled before turning to you. "Mama, I think I'm ready to go now."

You smiled at him before putting your arms around him and lifting him up. He started to shiver almost immediately.

He waved to James and said through chattering teeth: "N-Nice to me-meet you!"

You quickly made your way back to the car, making sure Glen had blankets and pillows to curl up in and rest.

You unlocked the trunk, and placed him there with the "bed" before running to the driver's seat and starting the car.

"Baby, I hope you had a nice time here, even if it was short lived," you called from the front of the car, having to raise your voice a bit.

"I did Mama, don't worry!" His cute British accent rang out through the car, and with that, you started on your way home.

*author's note*
short as hell I'm sorry. I'm just lazy as heck rn and my ideas for this story are little to none. So, for now requests for this story are open, post them in the comments of this chapter !