A Way Into His Heart

New York City, what a breathtaking place it can be. The beauty, history, and attractions of the Empire State masked the dark secret that only those who worked along with the darkness. Another world behind such place that everyone thought was so peaceful and safe...

Alessandra Orsino was fully aware of that. Her father, Stefano Orsino, is New York's most notorious mafia don and Alessandra? She's a mafia princess. At the age of 21, Alessandra was everything her father had wished for his child; she was everything but a coward. After her mother's death by another mobster's gun, she placed her trust in her father and expected no secrets hidden from her...little did she know her life was going to change by a dirty little secret her father had kept from her since the day she born.

~Alessandra's POV~ 

"What do you mean by I'm going to marry! There's no way I'm going to marry some stranger! Don't you feel a single guilt agreeing to this arranged marriage? I'm only 21, papa. I have a life ahead of me, things to do and see. I don't want to get married yet, and if I do, I want to marry someone that I choose. Not by you or some arranged marriage." Alessandra had nearly yelled at her father when she was surprised by the news after a tiring day.

Stefano sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose as he tried to find the perfect explanation to calm his daughter down. "Il mio angelo...You must understand that I didn't entirely agree. You know I love you and I want the best for you. Well...this is something that I believe that is best for you. You're going to marry someone that I'm sure will respect you. Afterall, he is just like us." He replied, looking up at his daughter.

She stood in front of her father, her mind in deep thought at her father's words. Her shoulder relaxed and a sigh of defeat escaped her lips. "You know you will regret this decision, papa...I'm going to do this because I don't want to bring you down or bring more rumors about this family." 

"Grazie, mia figlia. You do not know how much that means to me. " Her father got up from his chair and press a light kiss on her forehead "We will meet his family tonight, so go get ready." 

~Giovanni Rinaldi's POV~

Giovanni gazed out of the window, remembering his mother's words a while ago when she had spoken to him on the phone. "We both understand that you know about the arrange marriage...It's time that we seal the deal. This a promise that both sides cannot back out of. Please understand, Gio. See this as business."  He scoffed and shook his head. Life's going to be very interesting.

"Luca!" His voice was firm and just within a blink of an eye, a young mascular male entered the room.

"You called, boss?" He asked. 

"Find as much information on Alessandra Orsino. I want to know more about my fiancée." Giovanni said with a smirk. "Oh, and I want it by 5 this afternoon, no later than that."

"You're fiancée, sir?" Luca said curiously with an eyebrow arched. When he saw Giovanni's cold eyes pierced into his own, he knew immediately he shouldn't have questioned the man. He nodded and quickly rushed out of the room. 

"Alessandra...Alessandra...Alessandra, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into with me." He said to himself, grinning mischeviously as he looked back at the photo of Alessandra that his mother had sent to him a week ago, attempting to persuade him into agreeing in the marriage.