Chapter 3

~Giovanni's POV~ 

When Matteo mentioned his sate with Clara, he wanted to go right to him and smack him on the side of the head. Instead, he walked off out of the dining room and dialed Clara's number. On the third ring, she picked up. 

"Hey Gio, I've been waiting for your call. Are you calling about our date?" Clara asked with concern on the other line of the phone. 

"Not really, I'm going to stay over the night with you. I need to...get my mind off of several things." Giovanni replied, chuckling and hung up. 

He leaned against the stone statue placed in front of the front doors, the hard stone was cold against his skin. Yet it didn't bother him as he lit his cigar and took a smoke. He let out a loud sigh and stayed in that position for a moment then heads to his car. 

"Giovanni Monte Rinaldi! You better not step into that car and go to that skank!" Gianna yelled from the doorway.

Gio ignored his mother and blocked her out. He got into his car, immediately driving away from the house. 

~Alessandra's POV~ 

"That disobient hard headed boy!" Gianna said loudly with frustration and gave Alessandra and Stefano an apologetic smile. "Don't mind him, he believes that he can get whatever he wants and he can do whatever he wants. He will come to his senses soon. I made dessert for us to enjoy." Her tone changed to something more cheerier.

Alessandra couldn't help but welcome the suddent sadness when she hearded Giovanni's car speed away. She had lost her appetite as she began to go deep in her  thoughts. She frowned, staring at the Zeppole. 

"Alessandra...Alessandra?" Gianna said her name concernly, which almost immediately snapped Alessandra out of her thoughts.

"Yes, Mrs. Rinaldi?" She asked, looking up from her plate. 

"Is something wrong? You look upset, if it's about Gio, don't worry" Gianna reassured her.

She just nodded and remained silent, taking her time to eat the delicious deep-fried dough ball with powdered sugar. 

Even though she had no feeling towards Giovanni, she will be faithful in this arranged marriage and he will do the same. It wasn't going to be easy after the many things she had heard about Giovanni, but she will do anything to make this work.