Friends?

After walking home I say down in my bed and just smiled. Finding out about Clay's brother was not a big deal to me. I felt a connection with Clay. But, him being my friend I didn't even think about dating him.

The next day at school Clay walked up to me and smiled. He thanked me for helping him out last night with his sister.

I smiled an said no problem. He started walking away, but then he turned back to me. He gazed at me with his perfect eyes and then turned away again. Was he feeling that connection too? Clay was an amazing friend but... I was just thinking, what if. What if he did like me? What if this thing would ruin our friendship? I didn't want to think anymore, I just wanted to get to math. "Math..." I remembered "The class where I sit next to Clay."

During math I caught him staring at me at least twice. This could not have been happening! One of my best friends at my new school may have... wanted to date me?! I continue to argue with myself. "Well maybe he would be a good boyfriend and if we broke up we could still be friends" I thought. Then I realized I still hadn't written down any of the notes on the board, and neither did Clay.

After class, I met up with Mary and asked her if she wanted to come over after school. A friend like her would be able to keep me focused I thought.