14. Learning New Things

Silas

"No again!" Tobias shouted at Nevaeh, she growled getting back up and charged at me again like a wild boar. She was tired, and she was allowing that to make her attacks sloppy.

We woke up at 4 in the morning to start training. We ran a good ten miles, I mean actual sprinting, and then we did combat training in human form, combat training in wolf form, and now this training in her alpha form. It took her at least one hour to shift into her alpha form/ lycan form, and that took a lot of energy. It was seven now and the rest of the warriors came in to train. Some were watching with confusion as to who the new wolf was, but others didn't mind too much. Many were aware of my alpha form; the story was that I was an abandoned alpha pup who came to Alpha Benjamin to have a pack. Mind you I didn't have anything to do with the story.

"Nevaeh, if you're going to reach your full potential you have to work through the fatigue and use your brain," Tobias scolded her as I laid her on her back again. Nevaeh got up shaking her fur turning to me growling, she was getting a lot more frustrated now and it wasn't going to help anything.

"Nevaeh if you fight angry you're not going to get anywhere," I warned her.

"Now let's try again," Tobias said. The air around us seemed to shift and that let me know that she registered what I said.

Her eyes shifted to my legs. Again with the leg attacks! I was preparing for her attack I was going to jump as soon as she took the dive. I waited for the signal from her. She pushed herself forward by her back paws and ran toward me leaning toward my feet. I jumped soon as she got close to my legs but was dragged down to the ground and kicked across the field. A tree stopped me from skidding any further, I couldn't rest too long because Nevaeh was sprinting full speed in my direction. She kicked her leg but I rolled out before her paw could make contact. I got up and went to hit her in the side when she dodged me swung to scratch at my face. The swings and jabs continued neither one of us making direct contact before she did something that was completely shocking, she ran the other way!

I was shocked for a good few minutes before I followed her through the trees until I lost sight of her. Where the hell did she go. I sniffed out her scent following it through the trees and keeping my ears up until I heard a twig snap to my right and I looked only to see a rabbit hopping away. I was tackled on my left and I went rolling out of the cover of the trees with Neveah holding on tight to my shoulder.

"Good," Tobias said coming up to us. Nevaeh let go of my arm and flopped on the ground. "Now go take a lunch and we'll be back in two hours."

"Two hours, we've been at it for three hours can't we pick up tomorrow?" I asked after shifting taking the shorts that one of the warriors offered.

"If you have work to do you can go, but Nevaeh needs to train as much as possible," Tobias said rubbing her back. Her scars and bruises were beginning to heal but she still laid on the ground panting.

"Look at her she's panting, she needs more than two hours to recuperate," I argued.

"Nevaeh isn't some dainty flower. I understand that she is your mate, but she has a responsibility to uphold," Tobias said standing up.

"I know how strong my mate is, I also know the limits that a wolf has. You're pushing her past her limits," I was becoming frustrated with this wolf.

"She has no choice, she's made a few enemies and she needs to be able to control herself at all times," Tobias said rolling Neveah over stretching her limbs.