Ch. 1

Mark's POV
I'm Mark Tuan and I'm 17. I have a best friend, Jinyoung Park. We are juniors and we have been friends since we were babies. Which means that we have been best friends for 17 years.

We became friends because of our moms. Our moms are best friends since they were in high school.

Jinyoung and I argue over the dumbest things, but we eventually apologize to each other and everything is back to normal.

We do a lot of skinship, it's normal for us. But we don't do it in public, well not a lot.

I walked in to my 1st period class, chemistry.

I sat next to this girl, her name is Sana.

She always stares at me whenever I'm working on an assignment.

It's obvious that she likes me, but I don't say anything about it. I don't want to humiliate her.

The table across from me is Jinyoung and Yugyeom.

Jinyoung stood next to my desk, "Wow, you're here early today. Why?"

"Because I want to see my Jinyoungie." I pinched his cheeks.

He smiled and rolled his eyes. He sat on his chair and got his pencil and notebook out.

I've been acting like that ever since high school started but he doesn't mind.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I like Jinyoung ever since middle school, but he doesn't know that.

He's the only person I have ever liked. I don't know if he knows I like him, he never mentioned it.

If I tell him I like him, then our friendship will be over.

At least he knows I'm gay. He's gay too. But no one knows that we are because everyone in school have a HUGE problem with gay people.

Sana hesitantly asked me, "Do you like... Jinyoung?"

I scoffed, "Phhsst, why would you say that?"

"You pinched his cheeks."

I shrugged, "So? I always pinch his cheeks. It's soft. That doesn't mean I like him."

Sana sighed, "I guess you're right. I mean. Why would you like him anyways? It's not like you're gay, right?"

I looked at her, she lifted her head to let her eyes meet mine, "No, I'm not. You don't have to worry."

A smile appeared on her face, "That's good news."

The chemistry teacher, Mrs. Kim, went in front of the board and announced, "In 2 more weeks, the 1st semester will be over and when the new semester comes, you guys will have new seats and partners. This time, you guys will pick where to sit and pick your new partner."

The whole class cheered.

I smiled. Jinyoung can finally be my lab partner.

I heard a groan on my right. Sana whined, "Ugh!!! I don't know anyone else besides you. Will you be my partner again?"

God damn it. I don't want to hurt her feelings. I have to reject her as gently as possible.

"I'm sorry, Sana. I was thinking that Jinyoung would be my partner. I mean we wanted to be partners since the first day of school, Mrs. Kim told us that the class will be in partners. But she assigned them. It would've been more fun if Jinyoung was my partner."