Ch. 3

Jinyoung's POV
For the past 30 minutes, Jackson talked about how he has been wanting to talk to me, but he couldn't because he was busy and the day he picked up my journal was the best day ever.

I finished my burger, waiting for Jackson to finish his.

I asked, "2nd period class is about to be over, should we go back?"

He nodded while taking the last bite of his burger.

We exit out of the place and headed to school.
-------

Mark's POV
The bell rang and I still couldn't contact Jinyoung.

I roamed around the school for 2 minutes.

My heart was pounding. I was panicking. I'm having that feeling where you can't find your mom in the store.

I sat on one of the steps of the stairs.

I texted him again.

Great

Great. I sound like one of those clingy, annoying girlfriends.

I heard a faint voice, "Thank you, Jackson. I enjoyed our date. I'll text you!"

I lifted up my head.

My eyes immediately spotted Jinyoung with JACKSON?!!

Jackson disappeared and I walked up to Jinyoung.

Jinyoung slightly smiled, "Oh hey Ma---."

I hugged him, tightly.

"Oh my god. I'm so glad that you are okay."

Jinyoung patted my back, "Relax. I was with Jackson."

I pulled away.

I softly said, "Why?"

"Because he took me to In n Out. It was our date."

"What? Why were you on a date with Jackson? Also, why did you go to In n Out in the middle of school?"

He sighed, "One, because I like him and he likes me. We might actually date, I'm not sure yet. And two, it's called ditching, you should try it sometimes. We should ditch next period."

I squinted my eyes, "What? You ditched with Jackson? You never ditch, you aren't that kind of person, Jinyoungie. What makes you decide to ditch class?"

Jinyoung replied, bluntly. "Jackson asked me if I want to skip class and go somewhere with him."

"And you just said yes?"

He nodded.

"See, I don't know why you like him. He is a bad influence on you."

He gave me a bitch face. "You apologized. You said that it wasn't your decision to control who I like or don't like. He is not bad, he told me that the day he picked up my journal was his best day ever."

I was so frustrated with Jinyoung. He is so stubborn. "But did you really have to skip class just for a date? Why can't you do that after school?"

"Because Mark, I finally have a chance to hang out with Jackson. Okay, why can't you be happy for me?"

My tears starts to form, but I tried to not let it fall.

"Because I'm being a good best friend. Protecting you from guys like him. I don't trust him."

"You don't need to protect me, you're my friend not my parents."

"Friends can also protect other friends too. Oh my god, I can't believe we are fighting over this again."

"Yeah, just let me be."

I inhaled and exhaled.

I calmed myself, "Okay, go and be his boyfriend. I tried to warn you, but you won't listen. I'll just be your best friend who always have to agree with you then, if that's what makes you happy."

He smiled, "Great. I'll ask Jackson out... one day, I will."

I can't believe that he will date that selfish bitch after what I've said.

"So, why didn't you answer my texts?" I asked him.

"Oh," Jinyoung reached for his phone on his back pocket. "I silence my phone off."

"Why?"

"Because you were interrupting my date."

I mouthed. "Wow."

I have to force myself to be the best friend I can be. Even if it is too painful to listen to Jinyoung talk about Jackson all the time.

"What do you like about Jackson?"

Jinyoung rambled on and on until the bell rang.
~~~~~
655 words