The Twins

We don't cross paths again until third period.

I walk into my English class room and sit down in the front row next to one of my best friends, Kay. She has long dark hair that frames her pale face and bangs that fall into her bright blue eyes. She smiles at me and her head bobs to whatever song shes listening to on her MP3. I smile back and tighten my pony tail.

After a few minutes my other best friend, Lexi, comes in and sits down next to me. Lexi lives with her adopted parents, Bill and Marge. She was adopted by them last year after her parents both died in the army a few years back. Lexi has dirty blond hair that hangs around her pale face and crystal blue eyes that reflect the pain she never shows.

"Hey." she says in a dull, low voice. Lexi is the type of person who always seems sad, and rarely ever smiles.

"Hey. How are the new foster kids? They came yesterday right?" i ask. In addition to adoption, Lexi's "parents" also foster children.

"Yeah, they came last night, right before dinner. Twins, one boy and one girl, about our age. They took the bus this morning, refused to ride with me and Marge in the truck." she replys while glancing at the door. "Well speak of the devil! Here they are now."

Walking through the door are the kids I saw on the bus earlier. The boy is tall and has short strawberry blond hair. Hes pale, and has pale green eyes. The girl is a little bit shorter and her hair falls in long ringlets around her face. Her red lips and pale green almond eyes contrast with her pale skin. These must be the twins.

"Uh, Arianna, I hate to break it to you, but its not polite to stare." Kay said a little louder than necessary, her head still bobbing to music I couldn't hear.

"Sorry," I mumble,"I just feel like I know them." Kay is about to respond when our teacher, Mrs. Park, walks in. Kay quickly rips her head phones out and shoves her MP3 into her pocket.

The teacher doesn't seem to notice and starts to teach.

"Class please open your books to page 108...."

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Finally the bell rings, signaling the end of class. We all pack up our stuff and stand. Lexi, Kay, and I are about to walk out the door when we hear a shout from the back of the room.

"Lexi! you didn't introduce us to your friends!" The twin girl yells. Lexi groans.

"Uh, well, these are my friends, Arianna and Kay."

"Hi! I'm Cade and this is my sister, Macy." the boy, Cade, says. We smile and shake their hands, and they smile back, although their weak grin are terribly forced and fake.

We walk out to the hall and go to put our stuff up. Just as I'm closing my locker I feel a tap on my shoulder and I spin around, surprised.

"Oops! Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya." Macy says with a smile. "Well, a little birdie told me you have music next. We do to, but we have no idea how to get there. Would you mind letting us walk with you?"

"Uh, sure. Come on." I say. With that we were off, and I couldn't help but have a weird feeling about the twins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Dedicated to BethsylerF for making my Ah-may-zing cover :)