Prologue

You cried for hours and hours that night. You couldn't face the facts. You were in denial.

"[name], there's someone here to see you." Mom said, letting someone in my room. You look up, and it was Nathanael.

"Hey." He said. You put my head back down into my arms. You didn't answer. "Everyone's worried about you." He said. I didn't answer. He sighs.

"Look, um, I know I haven't been through what your going through, but I really hope, actually I know you can get through this. But just take your time." He said. You look up again. Tears stained my face. The crying had stoped for a minute as you looked at Nathanael. You started crying again, and you leaped at him, hugging him. He was shocked for a second, but then hugged you back. He started rubbing your back like he always did when you cried.

"Thank you. So much, Nathanael. I don't think I'd know what'd I do without you." You whisper. You could feel his smile.

"Then don't think about it." He whispered back. You and him pull apart. You started wiping your eyes.

"Look at me, I'm crying like a baby. Probably look like an idiot right now." You say. His eyes widen.

"No, no, no! You don't look like an idiot! I mean, um....." he pauses. "Where was I going with this?" You laugh.

"What's so funny?" He asks. You laugh even more. He starts chuckling, which eventually turns into a laugh also.

"I don't even know, I guess you!" You say, still laughing. "Thanks again, Nathanael."

"Any time, [nickname]." He says, smiling. "But one thing though...what happened?" You freeze. He notices. "Y-you don't have to tell me, though! It's not like I'm making you!" You chuckle.

"No, no. It's fine. Y-you see, um..." You stumble on your words. "M-my brother, Leo? He um.....d-died." You stutter out finally. (PERCY JACKSON FANS UNITE.) his eyes widen.

"Oh, geez, I'm sorry." He says. Pulling you into another hug.

"He was just crossing the street w-when a giant truck came out of nowhere and hit him...." you stuttered out, and started crying again. He started rubbing your back again.

"It's alright....it'll be ok." He said.

"I'm here."