Chapter 2

It was now around 2:45, pretty close to the time they said they would be home by. I was waiting anxiously for them to come home. I knew I could go outside or read, but I was playing Mario Kart  8. I did this for a hour or two after getting ready. Then I just went on to laying down on my bed pondering philiposical  questions, which typically led to my brain hurting.

     I thought about typical things like impossible answer questions, which like I said, are completely impossible. Than I would try and figure out what life's purpose is. I was petting my fluffy pillow (it is very fluffy, OK)when suddenly I heard the downstairs door shut and mumbled voices, which startled me. I then noticed my mom's car had pulled into the driveway. "They're home" I said and ran down stairs. I saw my mom walking slowly towards the house with all seriousness. I could tell something was going on.

     Once she got inside she told me with all seriousness in her voice "we need to leave by tomorrow, pack your things, I have just found out I have a sudden...erm... business trip in London, and you guys are coming with me." 

    I was shocked by the news. I had never seen my mom so serious either. She was typically the bubbly, Sweet kind of person. She never took anything so seriously. I knew something else was going on other than some business event. "Your not telling me all the details, are you?" 

    "I am telling you everything that you need to know, now like I said before, GET PACKING!" My mom yelled. She was clearly very stressed, so I left it alone, but I still could not shake the feeling that she was lying to me.  The question is, why is she so stressed? She. Ever breakers under the pressure of a business trip or presentation. I know this because we have gone on many of those with her before, even in London. It had became normal for the family to be packing for another plane trip.

     "Yes mom.." I went ahead and began packing my bags. "How many days will we be staying?"

"As long as we need..." she told me. "Pack for minimum a month." A month seemed way to long for any type of business, but I followed her directions. I guess we will be gone out of the house again. 

You think you can get away from me by changing location? Well, we will just have to see about that, hmm little girl. I WILL get you to join me, eventually, no matter how much it takes.