Chapter three

Chapter three

Brooke's P.O.V

- The next day -

This morning Rick told everybody what they're gonna do today. He put me in a group with Carl, Michonne and himself. We are going to the city, looking for food and new weapons.

I was sitting next to Carl in the car, and even though I tried to look forwards, I could tell he was staring at me again. I'm honestly thinking that there's something wrong with my face, or rather there's something wrong with him! When we got off the car, Rick said that Michonne and he will go look for weapons and Carl and I will go look for food. "If there are more than 5 walkers coming at you, fire your gun once and run to the car. We will hear it and immediately come back to get home. Alright?", he asked. "Alright", Carl said. This was the first time I heard his voice and it sounded absolutely beautiful.

None of us said anything the whole way to the market until I broke the silence. "Hey, why do you keep staring at me? First yesterday when we arrived at the prison, then later at dinner and now in the car. Is there something wrong with me?", I asked him. "No", he answered, "there's definitely nothing wrong with you. It's just that.. you look so flawless, seriously. I just can't keep my eyes off you. I'm sorry if it annoyed you." He half-smiled and looked down to the ground. I noticed how he started blushing. This was so embarrassing. "That's nice, Carl. Thank you.", I said.

C - Carl  | B - Brooke

C: So, where did you live before... all of this that happened?

B: I lived here in Atlanta, but far from where we are right now. My sister and I went from place to place to stay alive. What about you?

C: I've always lived here in Atlanta, too. My dad worked for the Sheriff's department.

B: That's where you got your hat?

C: *smiles*  Yeah.

B: Can I wear it once? It's pretty cool.

C: No, sorry.. No one, except me and my dad, have worn it before.

B: It's okay. I understand. What about your mother? Where's she?

C: She died some months ago.. Got bit by a walker. I had to shoot her before she turned.

He was fighting not to start crying.

B: Oh God, Carl, I'm so so so sorry. I didn't know that. That must be so awful.. almost the same happened to me and Kelly. We were hiding in a random house when in the middle of the night, we heard gunshots coming from our parents' bedroom. We ran in there and saw 2 walkers laying on the ground, our parents both being bit. They shot themselves in the head before it could happen.

He looked at me. "I'm sorry. That must be awful, too." He suddenly hugged me and I was so overwhelmed by his smell, his soft hair touching my skin, his arms and hands on my back. It felt so good. I felt so safe with him. Until...

"WALKERS!", I screamed.

/////// Author's note

I know this is short and I'm sorry about it.

I also know that Lori didn't get bit by a walker, but died because of Judith. In my FF, Lori was never pregnant so Judith was never born or even mentioned or anything.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡