Chapter I: Fallen Wings

Frustration was all but filling his own mind with uneasiness. Qrow was back in Beacon but a problem plagued him and it wasn't the kind he expected to conflict against their relationship.

Ozpin wasn't paying him any attention....The blasphemy of it all!

For the days he had come over to visit-and just visiting was hard to do-he had just been lingering the grounds of the school in crow form surveying students and stalking Ozpin only to end up seeing him lock himself in his office or disappear behind a door to a room where he meets handful of suspicious people coming over. He was a teacher himself and his extra missions haven't been so easy on him. It was double the lead weight when he found out he won't be able to be welcome in Ozpin's company for some time. His lover was always busying himself with conferences and work loads. Qrow loved Ozpin, but he didn't like his schedule not one bit. And he felt like he was neglected now, thrown away like the broken man he was...it kind of broke his heart.

Glynda met him at the hall. Qrow's gaze was fixed to the floor and he didn't seem enthusiastic or in the mood to stop for a little chat. Upon seeing his shoulders sunk in depression and his expression is contorted between kill-me-now and i'm-so-messed-up-right-now, she stopped him by quickly whipping her riding crop over the front of his chest. He stopped with a flinch of mental pain, an inch closer and it would have hurt him. He refused to look at her directly, but he could feel her eyes checking him up and she must have detected it easily. "Well, what is it now?"

"Umm...nothing." He lied, he was a terrible liar, eslecially when he was basking in a pool of self-loathing or was just downright downcast. She finally fixed his gaze on her bright green eyes, but he continues to pull away his pair once in a few seconds until he tells her.

She raised a fair eyebrow, he tensed under her gaze. "Really?"

Well, better to be honest now, he thought. Why beat around the bush?

"Ozpin's been busy huh?"

"Oh yes," Glynda said, melting away her hard features into a pleasant softness, immediately understanding his situation. Her intentions now lie on the object on her hand, she stared down at her tablet. Her point finger flickered screen after screen of what looked like schedules with the numbers of time, locations and names-and they were VERY long. "Today, I don't think he has even the minute to spare his students. He's been meeting with the council a lot lately."

Her distaste for not being able to aid in the patching back of Qrow's heart made her heart bleed as well. She doesn't have the time to aid him in any other way, she had to receive a lot of guests and students.

"Is that what he's been doing?" After his questions was given response, he bit down to size a growing swell of anger. Ozpin was a rose amongst those thorns....those group of lugs blaming him, it was almost part of the job to torture him relentlessly.

Glynda nodded, without tearing her stare from transparent green. "Yes, he's been inside his office the entire day talking with them."

"I wish I could bite a nick off them," he said, solemnly, crossing his arms.

Glynda shared his thoughts, she too was angry.

"I wish I could drop a building on them," she responded honestly. They both smiled at their imaginations and the things they could do to those shady characters.

Glynda dropped her gaze from him and walked past him, brushing his shoulder. She was supposed to attend to the preparations of a monumental event and she should be running now in haste to it, but as Qrow's friend (the two were actually close), she was chivalrous about the depressing matter of her friend. "I'll get going now, Oobleck and Port are in the staff cafeteria, you should join them. Ill notify you when he's free. Oh, things will work out."

And they split. Her words didn't lower his self-pity in himself a peg, it reminded him how unreachable Ozpin was sometimes. He continued to wallow in this self-pity as he continued the torturous walk of the hallway. He passed students and let ignorance rule him, focusing only on the endless path to the staff room. While he passed, students immediately sensed the ambience grow dark from an unpleasant mood. A student leaned to her friend and whispered. 'That is some unbelievably depressing atmosphere."

"Well said, maybe he got dumped? I know the look of a person who got dumped."

Those words managed to wriggle in his mind, parasitic and clinging, his frown deepened and it was aching the muscles of his cheeks. Finally, he found the room labeled for the purpose of taking staffs at their break. He heard voices inside, male voices surfing along a sort of happiness he hasn't felt for days because of his hankering over the headmaster. Releasing a long sigh, he turned the brass knob. A warm glow greeted him and so does an aura abdicated not by negativity. He turned his head to the few round tables where Oobleck and Port were chatting happily about a joke, like they usually did. Port was seating on a chair while Oobleck was seating on the surface of a table. The room was empty except for the who hear the door close behind Qrow. The joke wafted away at the entrance of Qrow; they turned their heads at the huntsman and smiles stretched wider.

Port greeted him, waving a hand. "Hey! Haven't seen you for a while since yesterday!" They both stared at him quite closely and both found the oddness of his quietness. He added after a long wait for Qrow to find speech. "Why the long face?"

Qrow raised his shoulders and shrugged, choosing not to speak as expected of him. He walked to the table like a robot, walking to pour himself a cup of coffee. The aroma drifted to his nose, he hasn't taken a sip but it was already calming him. The room was promised to silence as the two pairs of eyes watch him. He takes the seat distancing him farthest from the two and took the seat silently, ignoring them like they were unimportant to the cycles of the sad days he expected to find. The two best friends stare at each other, exchanging looks and leaning close, whispering to each other for a brief time.