Chapter IV: Ultimatum

I am sorry with slow update. I just can't focus on just one or two or fanfictions, that is why I am writing this along with many other fanfictions at the same time. My mind has tends to fly into the world if possibilities. I love that word.

Ozpin watched the door swing open and he saw that the staff room was empty and voiceless. Normally, Port and Oobleck would we hanging around here during their breaks, Glynda sometimes, but she's too proud to be seen doing anything else other than work. Eventually, the thinking about his fellows companions somehow collapsed back to the image Qrow, a bright smile matching the glitters in his beautiful red eyes and glowing with happiness that fills Ozpin's heart a flutter.

He hasn't been able to see him quite some time.

Ozpin was stressed lately, and contributing to it was his inability to reunite with Qrow properly, since he was quite knowledgeable about his lover's needs. Qrow requires his constant dose of love, and Ozpin had given him that until these busy times and he has to give them, or else, Qrow will again have one of those mood-swings that usually results to recreational destruction and Ozpin being the only one who can halt his chaos. But in the end, it was the emotional torment washing them both and the cultivating need.

Ozpin hasn't thought of Qrow until today which is problematic. Maybe, it was time to seek him out and reward his patience with as much as he can with the few minutes he can offer. Last week, however busy, Qrow had always managed to snitch a minute of him, a kiss on the cheek or a daring kiss in the lips in public, (Thankfully, no one was really around to witness) before Ozpin went for his meetings like an obedient and patient wife.

Today, he wanted to make it up to Qrow...with the only ten minutes he cultured. He asked for the huntsman's location but everywhere, no one has seen him, as reported by Glynda who kept to her responsibilities very well. He has heard from Port but Oobleck was unresponsive to his calls. It has come to his attention that Qrow had visited his nieces sometimes in his disappearance. Where could Qrow have gone to? He wasn't responding to his calls either.

For now, Ozpin focused on the coffee machine...

....which was ultimately broken.

And so it was, was the beginning of the greatest coffee disasters in the history of Beacon, leading to the animosity of the rest of the week and the distress of its headmaster.

The day was dull and Ozpin couldn't focus the entire damn day, because he was sugar-low and disturbed by the absence of caffeine running in his veins. His hands are pressed the sides of his face as he looked down at his tablet, thinking about the disaster that started the week.

For breakfast, there was no coffee offered, only beverages of fruit juice and hot chocolate and the drinks on the soda machines. The school ran out on its usually his stock of coffee and also, it seems that yesterday, canned caffeine somehow suddenly became a big explosion to the students and they immediately clawed the stock empty. It was shocking indeed, especially when it was the first-year students who emptied it out. The first-year students normally dislike coffee, unlike the seniors. And by some miracle, all the coffee makers are all out of service and according to investigation, most likely, rigged.

The next Ozpin is predicting to happen and hoping it would not come to that, is when the coffee companies refused to sell them anymore or for the cafes of Vale to close on them. Well, it never really came to that desperation but little did he know that the masterminds behind this on-going disaster were going to make that happen if things don't bend their way, his way.

Ozpin thought of the people who held grudges for himself, or just people who wanted to see him live in difficulty. One thing was for sure, they were succeeding. Life without coffee much familiar to excruciating torture chewing on his insides that he couldn't run on anything else to move. Just as his body was stressed was his mind equally frustrated.

Glynda noticed the effect of the coffee disaster on the number-one coffee lover— not really, Oobleck snagged number one because he took his thermos everywhere, which was understandable considering that it was his weapon. Glynda glanced at the headmaster from afar, seating on his grand chair and staring blankly at the parchment under his chin with his hands folded. His expression was unreadable. Without his dodge, he was restless; he found no peace and he denied sleep.

She had been terrified of what Ozpin had become. Of course, she was the first to notice this fever, the negative effects of the coffee. He was silent, deathly silent and it was mortifying. Also, his moods are left hanging with unpredictability and mystery, if not sinister intent, with shadows painting him dangerous. In addition, his sharp gaze was crying out for death—when landed upon one's gaze, until just the second meeting, it will halt the beat of life or cut one the tendrils of the soul. His eyes are very stark and his lips are,never compromised, pressed into a firm line.

As of now, he looked like the kind to end the world itself, completely antithetical with the kind headmaster.

Whoever was messing with his coffee, was definitely going to pay for it, dearly.

She left the room in silence, seeing no need to make excuse because he was aware that she was going to continue her investigation. And because she was a serious detective, she successfully traced the fingerprints of the conspirators and had concluded a clear idea of their identity. She started for the staff room, gripping her riding crop tightly and gritting her teeth.

The door slammed open and the residents inside jumped at the sight of an angry figure whose shadow looms upon them. A Grim! They attempt to defend themselves, reaching for the items nearest to them. Port grabbed a spoon while Oobleck grabbed a normal cup, trying to imagine that it was his trusty thermos he left in his study. The light was turned back on, flooding the room with white light to uncloak Glynda and she was angry and they were trapped. It didn't really ease them from their fear because she was as equally terrifying, looking spot-on like a death tenant arriving to collect their hearts.

If she had used telekinesis, on something undamaged, it meant her mood was of murder. Instantly, heat bleeded the room and one cannot mistake it equal with the sanctions of hell. Under her intense gaze, Port and Oobleck felt sweat form into beads as stare at her, and then at the coffee machine. Quickly, they made the feeble attempt to hide the machine by covering the view. However, it was too late to hide it and Glynda walked in, once again using her semblance to crash the door back to its lock, breaking the hinges in the process.

She crossed her arms and tilted her chin up, as if staring at lowly beings beneath her. "What do we have here? Two little lambs tinkering with the brand new coffee machine? You should have known better."

The two professors exchanged glances. Oobleck began to form a justification. "Well you see, I ran out of coffee and—"

"Just tell me why you two are doing this. Port, I am aware that you offered your students some easy points if they emptied out the coffee storage. And Oobleck, I heard that you passed out from your lack of coffee for times this week..." As she spoke, she tried to study their expressions to reveal their motives. "So, why exactly?"

They need not answer for the another soul came up behind, entering through the door and staring at the situation. Glynda took his very presence as the cause. She sighed, shaking her head, like she always did when she knows she will be caught up into another bundle of trouble. "Don't tell me why you are doing this."

Qrow huffed a breath, and stared at her directly at eye level. A clear and serene gaze, pleading and all speaking for Ozpin. Glynda sighed again, that was ten times just this day, a shocking actualization.

"I'm afraid I have to report you to Ozpin."

Ill try finishing my part this weekend or tomorrow. Please wait for next chapter update!