Chapter 10

Brinley's POV

After setting my phone aside, Nash and I got up and went downstairs, checking out the rest of my new home. Given it is across the street, it is okay, but it still takes away the advantage of having all the families so close.

One thing for sure, I am going to miss having the Mom Club. The three of them are best friends, and it is awesome having them all there for advice or anything. It was nice, and I am surely going to miss it. But hey, at least my room is twice the size now.

Nash sat at the table as I began cooking myself and him something to eat for dinner. My mom had already left for her first job, and everyone else was eating at home, so I decided why not just cook here.

"That smells great." Nash smiled, walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. I thanked him before swatting his arms away as I finished the rice for the meal. I grabbed a tray of specially marinated chicken and walked out to the patio, turning on the little grill that my mom had put in and I began cooking the chicken. When that was done, I went inside and dished out two bowls of rice, with cut up chicken, and barbeque sauce drizzled over the top. It may sound gross, but it is really delicious.

"This is really good." Nash said, his mouthful of chicken nearly falling out. I laughed at his imaturity before nodding.

"It's my signiture dish." I said, and he nodded.

"I see why." He mumbled, and I giggled, as we continued our meal.

My mind was anywhere but here, as I thought of how it would feel to do this every day. Come home from work and begin dinner for the two of us. Nash would come home from his job, and drop his stuff off on the table before wrapping his arms around my waist. We would sit and eat at the table- our table- and just enjoy each others company.

"Brin, babe, are you okay?" He asked, snapping me out of my daydream.

"What? Oh, yeah. Sorry. I zoned out." I blushed, and he chuckled.

"I see that. So you didn't hear me then?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"No, sorry, what did you say?" I ask, and he shook it off.

"It was nothing. Just that I got accepted into collage." He said, and I spit out the lemonade I had just consumed.

"What collage? That's great, Nash!" I said, excited, yet scared for my life.

"UCLA. I got the letter this morning. I don't know if I am going to go or not, though." He said, and I looked at him wide eyed.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I don't want to leave you. These last three months have been the best ever!" He said, and I nodded.

"I applied to UCLA... Maybe if I get accepted we could plan from there." I said, remembering that letters were supposed to be sent out this week.

"Should I check my mail?" I ask, and he nods eagerly. We both stood up and raced for my mailbox. I grabbed the heap of letters and ran inside, shuffling through before finding three envelopes labeled with my name, and my three collages of choice.

"How many did you apply for?" Nash gaped, looking at the small stack.

"Only three. You never know when you won't get accepted." I smiled, and he nodded as I opened the letter from Washington State University.

"WSU- I did not get accepted." I frown. Darn. I tossed that aside, and went for the one from Duke University.

"Duke- I was accepted." I smile, setting it aside as well. Finally, I looked at the UCLA letter, and opened it slowly.

As I pulled out the paper, Nash looked over the one from Duke, then checked his phone. The noises from Flappy Bird filled the room, so I slid the paper open. "Finally, UCLA- I..." I started and then began crying.

"What? What happened, Brin?" Nash said, putting his phone down.

"I GOT ACCEPTED!" I cheered, attacking Nash in a hug.

"That's great! We could live super close! And hang out all the time, go to the beach, all that! This is great!" Nash said, spinning me around in circles as we both cheered.

"I have to apply for a dorm, and choose classes, and start packing. Oh my gosh, I might as well just buy all new everything. But my job! What about my job! And you, you will have to make time for fans. I will, too, but still! And all my friends. I mean, sure I don't have many here, but how will my old friends back home react when they find out I am moving to California! That will be even harder for them to vis-"

"Calm down, babe. Everything will be fine. Let's go upstairs and apply for classes and dorms on your computer." Nash interupted, honestly easing my senses by a million percent.

After puting away dishes, we headed up to my room. I sat at my desk, while Nash took my laptop and sat cross legged on my bed. I pulled up the UCLA student website, and started filling out the information.

"I wish I could call my mom and tell her." I pouted, and Nash laughed a bit.

"That must suck, having her gone all the time." Nash said, and I nodded, continuing to apply for a dorm.

"I hope my roommate isn't some snobby bitch." I giggle, as I hit 'submit' on the bottom of the application. I then move to the 'schedule builder' tab. After selecting classes with Nash, making sure that we have as close to matching schedules as possible.

"I hope we have classes together. That way I can walk you to all of them." Nash smiled, kissing my neck.

"Yeah." I choked out, distracted by his tongue leaving marks.

"What do you say we leave this for later and do something a bit more... fun?" Nash smirked, turning my chair around and picking my up, carrying me to my bed.

This should be interesting...