Chapter 13

Brinley's POV

So today is my first official day as a paid intern at the law firm. I woke up beyond excited, and Nash laughed as we decided to take a shower together. I mean, we are really close, and it's not like we haven't done worse, so it's whatever.

After getting out of the shower, I did my hair and makeup, before getting dressed. I slipped on the form fitting dress that is kind of flowy and a peachy salmon color on the torso, and then like a black pencil skirt on the lower half. I pulled on black high heels, and grabbed my stuff, along with a random book in case I get bored.

------------------

"Good morning, Brinley!" The secretary, Jaimie, said as I exited the elevator on my floor. I smiled and waved at her, grabbing an orange and a yogurt from the mini fridge by the breakfast bar. I walked into my little office space. It isn't an actual office, but it is a little cubical thingy. I get privacy, so I have no problem with it.

I set my breakfast down on the desk and logged onto the small desktop computer. While I did, the phone rang.

"Arent Fox LLP, this is Brinley." I spoke.

"Great answer strategy, Brinley! It's just me, Jaimie. You have a visitor." She said, in her bubbly voice. I giggled a bit, and told her I would be up in a bit. I hung up and started walking to the front of the building.

"Hey, babe!" Nash smiled from behind the desk. I smiled at him, and waved. Jaimie gave me a look that said 'oh, he's a hottie.' and winked, making me giggle.

"Jaimie, this is my boyfriend, Nash. Nash, this is the secretary of my division, Jaimie. Glad you two are aquainted, now please follow me before you cause a commotion." I said, grabbing Nash and pulling him into an empty office.

"Why are you here? Not to sound rude, I mean, I love that you came, but what's the reason?" I asked, still holding his hand in my own.

"I missed my beautiful girl, and I wanted to come see you." He smiled, kissing my nose.

"Well, I hate to be a butt, but you can't really stay long. I just got in to my cubical and logged onto the computer and you already are showing up. I need to get to work, but I can text you when I get lunch break?" I spoke quickly, since I had a butt load of paperwork to do. He nodded, quickly kissing me before saying goodbye and leaving.

Jaimie ended up sitting at the edge of my desk, babling on about how 'we are just perfect for each other' and how 'I was really smart to catch a looker like him'. I tried to tune her out, so I could finish this last contract before lunch, but it was hard.

After twenty more minutes, I finished, and texted Nash that I was ready for lunch whenever he was. He soon came and picked me up, and I giggled as he pulled into the McDonald's drive-thru.

"Oh so sweet. Well thought out meal, Mr. Grier." I giggled, as he ordered me a breaded chicken wrap. I was handed a sweet tea, my favorite non-soft drink. I took a sip, and imediately had a foodgasm over the taste of the sweetness.

We pulled into a random parking space, and enjoyed the meal, talking about the most random things. Eventually, I had to go back to being a little lawyer lady, and Nash begged me to hurry up so we could go home and relax.

"Shouldn't you be in class?" I asked as he pulled into the firm parking lot. He looked at me with a weird face, before saying "Or nah."

I giggled at his childlike behavior, getting out of the car and making my way back to work.

-----------------------------

"I am soo tired." I said, setting my purse down on the couch in our bedroom. Because we are that cool. Duh!

I quickly grabbed out a pair of spandex shorts and one of his t-shirts. I changed super quick, kicking my heels to the other side of the room. After changing, and pulling my hair into a messy bun, I plopped down onto the bed and almost fell asleep.

"Babbbbbbbe!" Nash whined as he cuddled up to me. "It's only like 4 o'clock! Don't be a party pooper!" He whined some more.

"I'm tired. Don't whine so much. Can you get me some coffee and a giant chocolate bar? Like one of those super huge ones at the store?" I asked, and he nodded. I heard a lot of noise, before the door was shut and locked. I smiled, taking in the quiet, which then lead to me falling asleep.

-----------------------------

"Brin, Babe, wake up. I got you some stuff." Nash said, gently shaking me. I slowly opened my eyes, and smiled at him.

In Nash's arms where two of the giant chocolate bars, and a cup of Starbucks, the largest size. I thanked him, giving him a kiss as he handed me all of my treats. He stole a piece of the chocolate, but I didn't complain, since I had way more than I needed. I took the second bar, and hid it away in my top drawer of my nightstand, when he went to the bathroom.

I was happily eating the chocolate, sipping away at my chocolate chip frappe, when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered, seeing Gianna's contact name.

"BRIN! GUESS WHAT?" G practically screamed, making me laugh.

"What, babes." I said, and she started screaming again, as I pulled the phone away from my ear. When it stopped, I put it back, and she answered.

"My mom and Elizibeth said Hayes and I could come spend a month with you guys, as long as you are okay with it." She said, and I smiled.

"Pack your bags, little girl. A month in Cali is waiting for you." I said, and she screamed in excitement. I could hear her telling Hayes to start packing, and telling moms 2&3 about how I said yes. She was super excited, and frankly, so was I!