You asked for this

I asked for this.

I'm dating someone that's over 800 miles away from me. They don't live in the same state. They don't go to the same school. Don't live in the same city, same region, same whatever.

We live in the same country, sure, but it's hard still.

I asked for this.

Ive dated this girl for months: nearly three. It's been great, we have so much in common, laugh all the time with each other, and are obsessed with each other..

I asked for this, and I love it.

But yeah I knew that it'd be tough. States and years separating us, it'd be tough: really tough.
But I think it'll be worth it. I don't need the instant-gratification that I might get from some other girl. I dated someone and broke up with them because she made me realize what I really wanted in a partner. Don't get me wrong, my ex is an amazing person; but I just don't know if I'm in love with them. The relationship wasn't that intimate; but then again it only lasted under a week.

I asked for this.

So now instead of cuddling up with her- I'm laying in my bed chatting with the love of my life, pathetically wrapped around a soft pillow conveniently the size of the top half of my body.

I asked.. for this?

it's great talking to her.. closing my eyes and pretending like I'm in her arms as we hug our pillows.. and it feels great.

But it's not real.

It's not real.. but I wish it was.

Oh how much I wish it was...