Meeting My Barrister...

POV: Hermione Granger. Summer of 2010...

My world had fallen apart over a month ago...

My husband Ronald Weasley, of thirteen years of marriage, came home one evening from the joke shop, telling me he was leaving me for Lavender Brown. They'd been having an affair for years.

I gave Ronald my everything... and in return he gave me nothing...

Except... for our two beautiful children.

I truly thought Ron loved me... But as usual, I was never enough for him.

After giving up my career and my dreams of working in the ministry, to stay home to raise our children, who were now eleven and eight... and me about to be a thirty-one year old divorcee... And THIS is how he repays me for loving him and bearing him two children.

Thirteen years of my life had been a mistake...

So now here I sit... at the bottom of the Ministry of Magic... waiting for our divorce proceedings to divide our assets. I wanted full custody of our two children, Layla and Hugo. As well as our home. That was the least he could give me... after all the bullshit and bollocks I have endured from his atrocities that have lasted for more than half of my life.

I was patiently waiting to meet my barrister, the Wizengamot were assigning to represent me, just moments before the trial started.

I hoped it was someone I could trust and rely on.

I glanced at my watch on my wrist, seeing they were a few minutes late. Already a negative start in my book.

Suddenly... I heard the double doors opening and alongside entering the pounding of expensive fancy men's shoes.

"Mrs. Weasley?"

"Ahhhh! This is going to be good..." The wizard coming towards me addressed me laughing and ended in a dark mocking sigh.

I scooted my chair out to confront this man's rude behavior. Who did he think he was?!

I stood, as I soon as I wanted to sit back down and bury my head in my hands...

He looked exactly the same...

The smug, cunning, arrogant, snake, foul, bastard... I loathed for more than twenty years was standing in my midst. Smirking behind his black rimmed glasses, standing tall in his impeccable onyx fancied suit, with his frosted slicked back hair and shiny wingtip shoes.

Draco Malfoy.

He was moving his head side to side, staring into my eyes, placing his hands in his fancy pocket trousers...

"I can't say I'm not surprised to see you here today, Granger." Malfoy arrogantly teased me again making my cheeks heat from anger.

I also had a twinge of instantly being attracted to him. Dammit... I was always attracted to him... I just hated him too much to ever fully let myself like him. He was horrible to me...

"What are you going on about, Malfoy?! You haven't got a clue into my personal business!" I spat folding my arms across my chest.

"Hhhmmm... you sure about that Granger?" Malfoy brought his plump lips together moaning and maliciously smirked, while waving his wand for a stack of parchments hiding in a folder, came landing in his hands.

He opened the folder reading as my stomach dropped to the floor...

"Mrs. Hermione Jean Granger Weasley, has filed with the Wizengamot magical and judicial process to terminate her marriage to Mr. Ronald Bilius Weasley. I, Draco Malfoy..." He paused, saying his name in a seductive, boasting, and aggravating way, looking up at me winking and throwing his wand and folder on the table behind me.