Heartbeats...

POV: Draco. The Ministry Of Magic.
Don't Play the song until I tell you!!

"Pinky, where's the case file for the Cicero's plea deal for Wednesday?!" I flagrantly rushed in a panic to my elf assistant. I couldn't find the blasted parchment anywhere through this chaotically organized mess, in my office.

My client, Paulie Cicero. A famous Wizarding American-Italian monster here in London, opened his family run business, of three Italian themed restaurants commonly known in our world as,
"The Sorcerer's Pizzeria."

"The Family," were close personal friends of mine for many years, having bailed them out of many problematic circumstances. However, this time, the Wizengamot wasn't going to be to lenient. The years of Mr. Cicero's illegal gambling was over, after I requested permits for his establishments. And using my lawyering talents and Slytherin ambitious charisma, to slither in bargains or proper deals to satisfy our wizarding court systems, ending in a win-win for both sides... Nevertheless, the decades of Cicero's shifty trickery acts and dodgy swindling ways were about to come to a close, because Paulie's brother-in-law, Lou Carbine, was found dead in the freezer of the main pizzeria two months ago. Mr. Paulie Cicero was found as the guilty party, taking the heat for the crime.

Paulie says, he didn't actually comment the crime, He had it "taken care of." As to which, I explained he was still a guilty accomplice, organizing the crime. He will be found guilty... and I'm trying my best to find a more reasonable plea bargain, other than a lifetime in Azkaban or a kiss from The Dementors.

Paulie explained in his thick Bronx accent,"The chump had it coming..." which doesn't help him either. But, if I could get to the root of the crime, rumble the cause and reasonings, I might just pull this one off with mentally unstable or criminally insane? Reducing his sentence was the only path I could take, in the time being... And have him under house arrest, probation, and civil duties in our wizarding community service. Those are the goals I was setting, until I had my facts in order, figuring out why Paulie had his sister's husband, murdered.

"I found it, Mr. Malfoy!" Pinky alerted me, placing the file straight in my hand. "Thanks, Pink. Can you call me in a bacon sandwich and a coffee, from the deli downstairs? I'm swamped here." I was beyond stressed, and the only person to release my troubles was my beautiful wife, who was at home. I was standing over my desk, taking a buried complexing inhaled breath, and leaning my hands on the dark mahogany wood, that was stacked with files of endless parchments, setting free a deepened sigh leaving my lungs through my mouth, following with bringing my right hand up and rubbing my closed eyes behind my black framed glasses.

Play the song!! 😘

"Of course, Mr. Malfoy. But sir, it seems as though you won't be eating alone today. You have a visitor." Pinky announced with her excited soprano voice.

I looked up to see what she was referring to, knowing I didn't have any meetings today. When I saw my guest... radiating in her unmistakable beauty, standing next to my assistant who was gazing up at her, admiring her chosen wintry outfit. Pinky was obsessed with fashion, as one might have guessed.

My beautiful wife was gorgeous with or without clothing. My absolute favorite outfit of hers, was nothing at all... and I was infinitely ready to feast upon her devouring complexities...