The Perfect Crime

The dress was drenched in a thick liquid. It drowned the wooden floor boards as the two bodies posed for the camera. They were trapped in a erotic dance frozen in the moment their lives were ended, or posed for them to seem so. The woman was an actress, and her son a chimney sweep. He lay less than one foot from her. The pair were missing several items - the heart, lungs and the brain. Davis, the medical examiner, stated "the organs were all removed pre-mortum. The poor lads were still alive when they were removed." His Celtic mind imagined all the horrible creatures that could have done this. He always imagined the state of mind of the killer so he could better understand how they were killed. Humans, unconsciously, often mimic past crimes, killers and fictionous supernatural creatures to better explain the worlds' mysteries. However this time the crime held a great irony.

The scene was void of all personal belongings, omitting religious artifacts, all being christian-Celtic origins. It was obvious the killer was skilled in the art of duplicity. He held a religious background, and investigators knew that he was a strong believer due to his previous crimes. The christian Celts are firm believers in pacifism, yet this vial thing stole 31 lives for quite literally "the thrill of killing," Davis stated. He knew, however, that this one was different even if by a small modification.

The killer now tortured his victims, estimated to hours, before he allowed them to die. Small incisions, from an unknown origin, tore at their nerves creating the maximum amount of pain. This vial creature consumed the power given from the kill. He held great passion, leading the investigators to believe he was a psychopath.

Two bodies were dressed in older attire, however held the material of newer cheap polyester suggesting it was theater clothing. With this new clue, investigators realized a key point in both murders: a note with one word is left in the mouth of the victim. The lady held the note. Her teeth were ripped out, the gums still bleeding despite time of death being over two hours ago. The note, drenched in blood was difficult to read. Eventually one of the officers, Druid, made out the scribbled letters:

"I just love the theatre, particuraly Commedia dell'arte."

All clues pointed to the theater, and in Paris, France that would be as if trying to find a needle in a haystack. However the previous note was clear:

"We all wear masks, hiding our true selves. I will be at the theatre next, for dinner and a show."

In this time there were very few theaters that hosted a dinner as well. The female was well known in the Halifax Swiss Theater as an actress, and the boy as a part time stage hand. They were very much well liked and when news reached Halifax immediate speculation of foul play started. There were stories ranging from suicide by cop to werewolves. Paris investigators knew the truth.

It was nearing midnight in the Parisian Parc de la Villette. Marie Vancroix and her son, Jaques, were settling down in their apartment after a long sixteen hour shift at the theater after their reprise of "Marie Antoinette." Marie asked Jaques to lock their door. As he moved toward it he noticed a strange smell reminding him of horse urine and rotting swine. The wooden boards groaned. Nothing was on them except for Jaques himself. He saw a small glimmer from beneath the floorboards and investigated the strange light. Thinking it was his mothers lost ring, he reached his hand through the cracks. An intense pain shot from the tip of his finger as if he pricked it. He ripped it out to find his entire forefinger missing. The boards disappeared and a shadow emerged. He was in so much pain that he could not hear his mother screaming. Another lash struck his throat, leaving him gasping for air. Marie had no chance. She was violently stabbed multiple times and rendered immobile. The killer wrapped their wrists and ankles together preparing them for his post-mortum technique. As he cut into them, he surely took his time. He took the artifacts he wanted, the teeth and the lungs. But the heart was still beating. He was sure they were dead, but yet blood still flowed in them. He thought they must have been demons. It was the only explanation for him. He took out the brains for good measure to be certain. As protection, he placed a celtic cross of the door and drew protection spells in their blood. He treasured this moment as the blood covered him.