Just another night at Barbara's

BRING, BRING, BRING!!! Lerching  out of bed, I stumble over to my lamp flicking it on. I blink at the sudden onslaught of light and look around for the source of the noise. I cross the room and snatch up my phone, I look at the missed call icon immediately knowing who would call me at 1 o'clock in the morning. I sigh quietly as it starts ringing again and answer the call. 

"Mom? Are you okay" I ask as soon as she has quieted down. I hear her sniffle on the line before she answers me. "Can you come get me Morria?" I look over at the time with a sigh. I go over to my closet and pull out a pair of jeans and a T-shirt and tug them on as I head out into the hall of mom and my apartment and snag my converse and pull them on. I grab the car keys, my house key, and walk out the door locking it behind me. Finally I say "On my way mom". With those words I hang up on her and then climb into the car and starting the engine. I pull out of the apartment complex and take the usual route to the bar. I pull into the Barbara's parking lot and climb out of the car. I walk over to the entrance feeling the tension building in my muscles as they always do when I come here. Being as I'm only 16 it's illegal for me to even be at this entrance door.  I Push through the door and look around the main room but tonight seeing the bar is filled almost to it's max, which is good for business but bad for me. With a quiet sigh and I wade forward to the bar area seeing the owner and bartender Maya Santiago. Maya glances up at me and then jerks her thumb toward the woman's room at the back of the bar and holler's over the music "Just get her out of the bathroom if you can, Morria?" I give a slight nod and start toward the lady's room. I walk over to the door and hear the quiet sobs of my mother and feel my heart breaking again like it did when dad died. I close my eyes and lean my head against the door and knock lightly. "It's me mom, can you let me in?" I ask gently and  it immediately goes silent. I hear shuffling on the other side of the door and then the lock being undone. I lift my head as the door opens and see my mom, thin, pale, and colorless, different from the woman I used to know but I remind myself as I smile at mom reassuringly that no matter my mom is still there, she just needs time to heal.  "Come on mom let's go home" I say and reach out gently taking her hand in my own.

** let me know what you think, don't be afraid to be honest!! Please thank you I hope you all enjoy it 🙃😇😊❤️